Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wdj03  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2007 6:36:00 AM(UTC)
wdj03

Groups: Registered

My water dispenser and ice maker are not getting any water to them.

Both dispenser arms seem to work ok, the compartment light turns on and ice is dispensed ok. I'm just not getting any water out of the water dispenser and the ice maker doesn't fill with water even though the arm is down.

It's acting like some valves are bad, the line is frozen, or the filter is clogged.

It just went out last night, and I didn't have time to do any of my own troubleshooting. However, I know that the filter is less than a month old so I doubt that it's the problem.

How can I tell if the line is frozen and how do I fix that?

My guess is that a solenoid valve somewhere went out. If I recall correctly, that valve is just on the back of the unit and should be pretty easy to replace, no?

The only other piece to the puzzle is that my ice maker inlet tube had been leaking just a little, resulting in some big chunks of ice frozen together in the back of the bucket. A little annoying, but nothing major.

Any other ideas as to what I should look for?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Pegi  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2007 1:23:56 PM(UTC)
Pegi

Groups: Senior Expert

Sounds like you have covered about everything, just have to start testing them...I would start by thawing that thru tube to the ice maker that is now clogged with ice, probably will need to replace the fill valve(s) also...
wdj03  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2007 1:36:28 PM(UTC)
wdj03

Just to check back in...

The problem was none of the above.

I use a GE Smartwater filter system, and while the filter was new, the quick connect fittings are as old as the fridge (about 7 years). They're set up to automatically shut the water off if they're not connected to a filter. Apparently the check valve (or whatever it is) that accomplishes that purpose failed and was blocking flow into my filter. Fortunately I had another set of those fittings handy and had it fixed back up in 5 minutes.
memiller  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 9:40:47 AM(UTC)
memiller

I have been having the same problem with my frigidaire. I found that if I run some water from the kitchen tap I would then get water from the door dispenser. The problem was too high water pressure. We then installed a thermal expansion tank and checked the water coming from the water supply. 150 psi!!! had the water company install a new pressure regulater and have had no more problems with the water through the door. Hope this helps.