Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mwjo  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 7:55:55 AM(UTC)
mwjo

Groups: Registered

NEED FURTHER ASSISTANCE

I spoke to you Jan. 26th about disassembling the ice maker in my GE Side by Side, model number GSS25WGPD WW. I'm replacing the auger (that I purchased from your company). You sent me a previously answer question concerning this and I'm writing you now to see if you have any additional answers on this.

I've disassembled the ice maker to the point of removing the auger from the tray. The next step is removing the C clamp from the front of the assembly at the end of the auger. I've been using two flat head screw drivers to remove it without success. I'm concerned I'll damage the C clamp or the plastic around it.

If you don't have anything else to send me, would you please post this where I'll get the answer I need?

Thank you.

Martin Johnson
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

RTT  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 3:44:06 PM(UTC)
RTT

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: mwjo Go to Quoted Post
NEED FURTHER ASSISTANCE

I spoke to you Jan. 26th about disassembling the ice maker in my GE Side by Side, model number GSS25WGPD WW. I'm replacing the auger (that I purchased from your company). You sent me a previously answer question concerning this and I'm writing you now to see if you have any additional answers on this.

I've disassembled the ice maker to the point of removing the auger from the tray. The next step is removing the C clamp from the front of the assembly at the end of the auger. I've been using two flat head screw drivers to remove it without success. I'm concerned I'll damage the C clamp or the plastic around it.

If you don't have anything else to send me, would you please post this where I'll get the answer I need?

Thank you.

Martin Johnson

I took a screw driver with a blade close to the length of the gap in the C clamp andtwisted the driver which force slides the clamp of, or at least starts to.

I'm looking for instructions on how to replace the auger. Specifically, detacting and re-attaching the plastic cap on the auger blade assembly so I can repalce the auger.