Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lowride  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 26, 2011 11:32:14 AM(UTC)
lowride

Groups: Registered

I have a Sharp carousel microwave. Over the last two days we have been heating food (using microwave safe cookware) and the dish the food was on has cracked, in one instance, completely in half. Anyone had any experience like this? Should we consider this just coincedence or do we have a problen needing repair. I would appreciate any feedback.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 11:03:44 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: lowride Go to Quoted Post
I have a Sharp carousel microwave. Over the last two days we have been heating food (using microwave safe cookware) and the dish the food was on has cracked, in one instance, completely in half. Anyone had any experience like this? Should we consider this just coincedence or do we have a problen needing repair. I would appreciate any feedback.

Lowride,

Am I correct in thinking,

You were using microwave safe cookware and the turntable platter, cracked in half ?

That can occurr, occasionally,

It's Usually due to a stuck stirrer blade, focussing the energy in one area, usually in the center, if the micro wave is at fault.

But most often due to improper programming and temperature settings, or wrong cookware.

:) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply