Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dave0702  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 23, 2011 2:39:00 PM(UTC)
dave0702

Groups: Registered

I have a Speed Queen AWM393W washing machine used at a bed and breakfast that has started leaving black spots on clothes. From researching the forum in seems this is most likely due to a bad transmission (or other) seal. Can anyone tell me if the repair of this seal is a reasonable option for a moderately handy guy. Or should I just get a new washer? Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thank you
-Dave
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

50Grit  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 7:39:48 AM(UTC)
50Grit

Groups: Registered

I don't own a speed queen but washers are usually very simple, mechanically. Your "grease" leak should be easy if you are replacing parts. This site has great parts diagrams so you can see what the inside of your washer looks like. Typically, you can service washers with all the basic tools. Hammer, nut driver, screw driver, pliers, lightweight pry bar.
I have a 30 year old GE that I'm still using but now have to deal with rust spots. Looking at drum replacements or using one of those special rust treatment coatings to resolve that. Only issue I had was removing the agitator. Mine just lifts off (friction fit, no nut or retaining pins or clip) but since I didn't have the custom agitator puller, I had to use a group of wooden wedges inserted in about 4 places between tub and agitator to lift it off.

On your project, don't forget to do the obvious. Disconnect the power and water before you open it up.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply