Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
John_huff  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 17, 2011 5:39:30 PM(UTC)
John_huff

Groups: Registered

Normal Light Flashing at about 1Khz. two dashes on timer. I'm pretty sure the control panel is bad. I need to know if it comes as a complete assembly including the door latch. The door latch broke several years ago and the handle action is sloppy. The unit latched and worked fine. but the cheap plastic latch junk that actuates the micro switch is half broken.

If I order the control panel does it have everything included?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 2:23:43 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL KUDP01DLBL3 UNDERCOUNTER DISHWASHER | AppliancePartsPros.com

Here is the tech sheet in case you do not have it. See attachment.
[COLOR="Sienna"]
If I order the control panel does it have everything included?[/COLOR]
Looks like you have to purchase the individual parts.
Often if you click on the part's picture a new page will open with more views.
File Attachment(s):
KUDP01.pdf (1,001kb) downloaded 16 time(s).
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
John_huff  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 7:34:42 AM(UTC)
John_huff

I'm going to pull the panel off again and see if I can identify which parts I need to replace to rebuild the broken plastic pieces of the latch. The control panel is bad. There are three listed which one should I order? My DW front and control panel is black. I think this is the one that I need, the picture shows black, but the description doesn't mention color.
Part Number: AP3177378
Part Details - WHIRLPOOL Panel-cntl, part number: AP3177378

When I was in college I worked at a Gigantic Sears parts distribution warehouse that literally had every part for every product Sears sold. FSP heaven lol. My parents needed a belt for their dryer I found one and asked how do I pay for it? The lady that found the part for me said "You Don't".
John_huff  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 9:06:37 AM(UTC)
John_huff

I found the problem with my Kitchenaid dishwasher control panel. There are five pins on the switch matrix board that are not soldered. This board lives under the control board. I used to test and debug electronic assemblies for commercial and military aircraft so I know a defective solder joint when I see one. This is not cold solder this is no solder.

It's no wonder that there are so many failures of "whirlpool" dishwasher control panels.

I know some of you are asking why did it work to begin with? It's really simple there is a mechanical good enough to pass test connection but after five or so years the connection gets enough oxidation to no longer work.

I'm going to rattle Kitchenaids cage and see if I can get a free replacement.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply