Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rwbil  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2011 6:01:23 AM(UTC)
rwbil

Groups: Registered

I have a Whirlpool Electric Accubake Oven. Model Number GY396LXPQ01. The top burners function property, but the oven does not heat up. There seems to be something wrong with the latch. When I hit the bake and start button, on the Display it says DOOR. Like the door is open and the oven does note heat.

So I removed the latch and see what is happening though I am not sure what exactly is suppose to happen. Attached is a picture of the Latch.

What is happening is the door hits the latch (Marked A in Picture) back and the back of the latch where that pointy part is (Marked B in Picture) hits the metal post (Marked C in the Picture) and the the micro switches do not get engaged. I can physically move the latch forward and then it does not hit the post and then the switches engage and the stove runs. I am not sure why the latch hits the post or if it is suppose to hit the post. Maybe the motor is suppose to do something that moves the latch up such that it does not hit the post. I will try and apply power to the motor to see if it is doing anything. Just to try something I bent the pointy part up and it no longer hit the post and the stove works. Any explanation of what is suppose to happen would be appreciated.

Also an electric question. I have installed another stove while fixing this one. This old stove had a 3 prong cable and there was a bridge that connected the Ground to the Neutral. The newer stove had a four prong cable which does not work with my outlet so I switched it to a 3 prong, but there is no bridge between the grn and neutral. Maybe there never was one or it was removed. So I ran a wire from the Ground to the neutral, thus grouding the frame to neutral. I asked the electic person at Home Depot what to do and he said just connect the 3 prong and do not worry about the ground. But that does not seem right to me. How about if the hot side shorted to the frame. What is the proper method?

One final question, where does one get the service manuals for this range. I have seen links here to various service manuals, but how does one find these manuals?

Thanks in advance,
Robert

• UserPostedImage
  • UserPostedImage

Thanks in advance,
Robert
rwbil attached the following image(s):
Latch.jpg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.