Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TrooperKal  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 30, 2008 5:19:25 PM(UTC)
TrooperKal

Groups: Registered

I have a Whirlpool Washer, model WTW5540SQ0, that was purchased in June 2007 and has worked well until today. I went into the laundry room and noticed the washer just humming and a faint odor in the room. The washer is filled with water.

I attempted to try multiple positions on the dial but everytime I pull the knob it just hums (and dims the lights in the room, I assume from the electrical draw.) If I put it to the spin it seems to jerk the tub but obviously it is full of water.

So, does anyone have an idea if this is just a belt or may the pump motor be possibly shot?

Thanks in advance!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 30, 2008 6:46:31 PM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Could be something has jammed your pump
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
fkukla  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 2, 2008 9:27:12 AM(UTC)
fkukla

Originally Posted by: TrooperKal Go to Quoted Post
I have a Whirlpool Washer, model WTW5540SQ0, that was purchased in June 2007 and has worked well until today. I went into the laundry room and noticed the washer just humming and a faint odor in the room. The washer is filled with water.

I attempted to try multiple positions on the dial but everytime I pull the knob it just hums (and dims the lights in the room, I assume from the electrical draw.) If I put it to the spin it seems to jerk the tub but obviously it is full of water.

So, does anyone have an idea if this is just a belt or may the pump motor be possibly shot?

Thanks in advance!!

Hello; Your problem with your washer mimics my problem EXACTLY....Please....let me know what you finally did to REPAIR....I would really appreciate a quick response....have to WASH you know???? see my post below:

Thank you and have a good DAY! 12 2 08 12:26 pm CST

My 'valued' Whirlpool washer just stopped working yesterday. IE the water will fill, but when I advance the dial & PULL up to start, it just buzzes...please advise...thank you
fkukla  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 2, 2008 9:30:42 AM(UTC)
fkukla

Originally Posted by: denman Go to Quoted Post
Could be something has jammed your pump

Hello; I see that your are ONLINE... the problem you responded to is EXACTLY my issue...Please....let me know what the final outcome to REPAIR was....I would really appreciate a quick response....have to WASH you know???? see my post below:

Thank you and have a good DAY! 12 2 08 12:26 pm CST

My 'valued' Whirlpool washer just stopped working yesterday. IE the water will fill, but when I advance the dial & PULL up to start, it just buzzes...please advise...thank you
wmako  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 3, 2008 6:44:31 AM(UTC)
wmako

I am having a similiar problem with a Kenmore washer. It seems "jammed". I was able to "unjam" it, but then it was very noisy and "jammed" again a little while later.
wmako  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 3, 2008 6:45:36 AM(UTC)
wmako

I am having a similiar problem with a Kenmore washer. It seems "jammed". I was able to "unjam" it, but then it was very noisy and "jammed" again a little while later.
fkukla  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, December 3, 2008 8:13:01 AM(UTC)
fkukla

Hello,

ANYBODY out there have a solution to the Whirlpool/Maytag WASHERSnot responding...just a Hum, when you advance the dial...will not drain, but will fill....thank you

Have you been able to determine the problem with your Washer.

I just checked mine this am and it will FILL, but advancing the DIAL to do other options, it just HUMS.....
If you get any suggestions from online visitors, would you please notify me
and of course I'll do the same!...

ANYBODY out there have a solution to the Whirlpool/Maytag WASHER not responding...just a Hum, when you advance the dial...will not drain, but will fill....thank you
Gene  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, December 3, 2008 2:24:35 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
TrooperKal,

Remove the washer cabinet. Remove the pump from the motor and try to run the washer. If it will work then the problem is a bad/frozen pump.

- The part number for the pump is AP2907492

Here are the break down diagrams for the Whirlpool washer Model WTW5540SQ0

Gene.
Gene  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, December 3, 2008 2:27:12 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
wmako,

What is the complete model number of the washer?

How did you unjam it?

Gene.
richappy  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, December 3, 2008 2:27:35 PM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
If the lights dim a bit and the hum goes away after a while, 99% sure it is a clogged pump. If it only hums in spin=maybe something stuck in the tub.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply