Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
johnbgood  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 11, 2011 6:15:30 PM(UTC)
johnbgood

Groups: Registered

After my freezer/refrigerator stopped working and the ice melted, the frozen food defrosted and the refrigerator side got warm and after we put everything we could in containers and put out side in the 29 degree weather I had a repair company come out to fix the refrigerator. For $41 I was told the refrigerator was working fine and that it is common for a Frigidaire Model to stop working for a day or two and then start working again. He wasn't able to offer any reason why it may have stopped- is that possible or reasonable.
In addition, when the water turns on for the ice maker the water dispensor also turns on and forces me to leave a cup in the door to prevent water from going all over the floor. The technician told me that was a electronic problem(mother board) and to replace would be $176 for parts alone. He told me that the average life of a refrigerator is five years.(mine is 8) Does this make any sense to anyone out there????? Thank you!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.