Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bighank  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 9, 2011 2:52:19 PM(UTC)
bighank

Groups: Registered

How do you replace a Oven Door Strike Assembly (WB1X5508) on a GE double oven range top oven? What do you need to remove? Looks like there are several screws at the sides of the oven with a finish trim plate surrounding the oven. Do I simply remove all screws holding this trim panel and then attach the Strike Assembly to the Trim Plate? Looks like you have to remove door first. Strike looks like a plastic stud, 2 washers and a washer with several prongs to attach the stud to the trim assembly. My stud (the plactic piece that fits into the door to latch it) either broke off or detached from the washer in back of the trim plate which force fits onto the stud. What do I remove before ordering a new part and if a new part is required what do I do to replace it.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

bighank  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 17, 2011 2:48:36 PM(UTC)
bighank

Groups: Registered

Removed single screw at bottom left of door holding door in place. Removed door. Removed all self tapping screws holding trim plate to oven frame. Trim plate is still attached to the rest of the oven. After removing trim plate screws gently moved plate and oven about 1/2" or more forward. Was then able to see rear washer which was still behind trim plate. This washer is kinda oval/square and has threads in it. The plastic strike is threaded and screws into the washer that remains behind the trim plate. There are 3 other washers which fit in front and behind the trim plate over the plastic strike. There was enough thread on the strike to re screw it to the back washer. After doing this replaced the self tapping screws in the trim plate and replaced the door and its attaching screws and washers. I can't believe that the strike and washers are being sold for over $20 and some sites almost $30.
Always see what needs to be done before wasting $ for parts you do not have to replace.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply