Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
steve 23  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 8, 2011 4:21:18 PM(UTC)
steve 23

Groups: Registered

Range has blue orange flames on all burners including oven. I replaced the regulator valve after the gas company confirmed the gas pressure was good to the other appliances (their flames all blue). This range has always been nat gas. I've read about the electronic ignitors causing similar problems by affecting the voltage to the valve. Is that true? And if so, how do I test the voltage?

Thanks for any help you can give me
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 21, 2011 5:59:15 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: steve 23 Go to Quoted Post
Range has blue orange flames on all burners including oven. I replaced the regulator valve after the gas company confirmed the gas pressure was good to the other appliances (their flames all blue). This range has always been nat gas. I've read about the electronic ignitors causing similar problems by affecting the voltage to the valve. Is that true? And if so, how do I test the voltage?

Thanks for any help you can give me

Steve,

Sorry for the delay in a response to you.

Why did the gas company not check the pressure to the range, but all the other appliances?

You could have a problem in the gas line to the range, I've seen it happen, not a common occurrence, but a possibility.

As for power to the valve, and it's affect on ignition and flames, that applies only to the oven bake/broil burner, a weak / broken igniter will not release gas from the oven valve and the burner won't ignite, there should be no effect on the top burner valves / flames.

When did your problem begin?
Was the range in storage ?
Was there any remodelling/construction done ?

Your basic description(small flames, blue / orange in color) would lead me to believe, there is debris in the gas line to the range, or in the gas lines in the range, reducing both the pressure and flow of the gas and causing the improper flame characteristics.

I would reccomend,and were it me, you have the gas pressure in the range checked "under a load", if your gas company will do that ?

*** "under a load" means, manometer attached to the right front burner orifice, all the burners on(with flames), including the bake burner.
You should have a water column inch reading of 3.5 to 4.0 WCI

Good Luck,
:) :) :)
xapns5oh  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 6:09:49 AM(UTC)
xapns5oh

Groups: Registered

1. Determine what date the orange flames started
2. List all things that changed at that time

In my case the issue was the running of a humidifier (sonic kind) during the day and night. I turned it off and after several hours the flame turned back to blue. Now I turn off the humidifier off several hours before I am to cook.

You can try this including cleaning the stove parts before calling a repair man or looking else where.

H
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 7:30:37 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: xapns5oh Go to Quoted Post
1. Determine what date the orange flames started
2. List all things that changed at that time

In my case the issue was the running of a humidifier (sonic kind) during the day and night. I turned it off and after several hours the flame turned back to blue. Now I turn off the humidifier off several hours before I am to cook.

You can try this including cleaning the stove parts before calling a repair man or looking else where.

H

H, Thanks for the update. we're glqd for you, and appreciate the extra effort you put into this diagnosis and repair. High humidity(moisture in the air) can create issues with fuel/air mixtures, in most cases you can adjust and fine tune the mixture for that ossurence. Thanks Again