Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
oilspot  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 4, 2011 4:39:10 AM(UTC)
oilspot

Groups: Registered

A little over a year ago my kenmore 80 series washer stopped working. I quickly figured out that i had broken the connector between the motor and the transmission. Nobody had the parts in stock, i had another crumby washer set aside in my shop..... long story short a year later I need to get back to fixing the kenmore.
So i buy the part yesterday and install it. Clean the washer up and set it off on its first run.

It fills up with water..... and then nothing.
When it broke a year back it was still running. It just wouldn't spin the basket because that connector was broken.

So where should i go from here. I'm not even sure where to start looking. My first guess is the lid switch (just because its right there in front of me).

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

oilspot  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 4, 2011 7:07:00 AM(UTC)
oilspot

Well I found some videos of how to pull the casing apart on this washer on youtube. Hoping when I pull it off I find a loose connection or something of the sorts.
I let the lid switch free (2 screws) and pulled it out from under. It only has two wires running off it. The washer acts like it is waiting for the lid to be closed. I'm hoping maybe I can bypass this switch for the time being. Local parts place says it'll take roughly a week to get any parts in.
Wife is trying to be patient but my mother is coming to stay with us for a few day tomorrow.
Would really like to get this thing running before she gets here.
oilspot  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 4, 2011 7:15:59 AM(UTC)
oilspot

Wow, only took about 4 minutes to pull the control panel back and get the casing off the washer.

Three wires on the quick disconnect that hook to the switch. What now. I don't wanna guess and blow up some timer or some dumb thing like that!
oilspot  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 4, 2011 8:57:35 AM(UTC)
oilspot

ran a continuity test on the lid switch and it checked out fine. Decided to take another look at the main connection (wiring harness to electric motor). there was one simple little push on connector other than the main harness that I missed.
Pluged it in.... washer works!

duh!

:)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply