Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DeG6  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 25, 2008 11:59:59 PM(UTC)
DeG6

Groups: Registered

GE dishwasher is leaking underneath from a cream colored fitting directly below the washer arm. I removed the toe kick and can see the leak. The fitting is cracked. The fitting is directly below the base and is about two inches in diamter and is positioned vertically next to the motor. A large stainless steel ring clamp attaches this fitting to the pump. The motor and pump are about two years old and are an upgrade in performace over the original equipment and work well.

Can this fitting be replaced. If so what components have to be removed and in what order. Any special tricks when removing other components. Do I have to remove the dishawsher and lay it on its back. Do I need special tools. Can you advise on the part number. Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.