Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fisheyes31  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 23, 2008 3:40:22 PM(UTC)
fisheyes31

Groups: Registered

We have a Jenn-Air W30400 oven that the temp. display is completely dim and the time appears to getting dimmer. The oven works but of cousre we can't really see the temp.. As I look at some of the earlier posts that appear to have the same problem, some of the recommendations are to replace the display (part number 695128) or replace the (EOC part number AP367441). Which part should I replace first or is there a way to tell what part I really do need?

Thank You for any responses!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 24, 2008 5:51:59 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Looks like these are the same thing if I do a search on this site for 695128 up pops AP367441.

Here is the parts section of this site
Appliance Parts Pros.com Discount Appliance Parts – Appliance Repair Parts

Do a search for your Model Number, looks like there is a number of different revisions.

This seems to be a very common problem with Jenn-Air's.
I believe it is just an electrolytic capacitor (little cans) on the board that is not holding a charge (leaking). This lowers the voltage to the display. Do not have a schematic so cannot tell which one. If you have someone who is into electronics it may be worth while replacing them, probably $15.00 in parts. I do not guarantee this will work but it may be worth a shot if money is tight.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
fisheyes31  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 25, 2008 3:35:36 PM(UTC)
fisheyes31

Appreciate the help. Ordered the display and will install it this week.
fisheyes31  
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 7, 2008 4:12:59 PM(UTC)
fisheyes31

Ordered AP367441 and installed it this weekend. Was not a problem to change but I still don't have any display for temp. or time. Could this not be the right one or is there some way I could have installed this part wrong and burnt it up? The key pad seems to work and the oven still seems to operate like it should, but for some reason my wife would like to see numbers on the display.
Eddie365  
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 7, 2008 4:42:23 PM(UTC)
Eddie365

Hi, I can't find any other reason to do this but to replace the electronic

clock assembly wich you already did. Check the connections once again make sure the ribbon

connector is making a good connection.
denman  
#6 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2008 4:31:16 AM(UTC)
denman

Does your Model Number have one or two letters after it.
When I do a search using W30400 everything that comes up has these.

I know a dim or no display is common with these, getting a bad one out of the box seems unlikely but stranger things have happened.

You didn't happen to notice if the replacement board looked brand spanking new. Could be someone returned it and it ended up back in stock. This is the reason most places do not allow the return of electronic parts.

Here is a service manual which is not very good
http://www.servicematters.com/m...ibrary/docs/16010312.pdf

Could be something on the relay board but I doubt it since the display went dim.
fisheyes31  
#7 Posted : Saturday, December 13, 2008 2:39:39 PM(UTC)
fisheyes31

The model number is W30400B. Now the oven will not work at all. The touch pad seems to unresponsive and of course there are not anything on the display. The display I got appeared to be new, but I did notice a spot on the corner that looked like there was a burnt place. Looked at the old one and it had the same spot, so I figured when they are made that spot is part of the process. Unless someone has a good answer I may be looking for a new oven. Think it is still something simple but don't know how much time and money it will take to find the problem. I am going to take the display off tonight and be sure the cables are all tight. When I put it back together it would still work. Hadn't used it for awhile and in that time it had quit. The oven light button does still work so I assume the wide ribbon is installed properly.
denman  
#8 Posted : Saturday, December 13, 2008 3:27:19 PM(UTC)
denman

Here is your parts breakdown
Model W30400B

It does have a view of the back of the board, I could not see anything that looked like a burn mark on it.
If the burn mark was under the resistor lower left corner beside the white plug then you received a used board.
fisheyes31  
#9 Posted : Sunday, December 14, 2008 9:42:51 AM(UTC)
fisheyes31

The spot I noticed was as you hold the display with front side facing you , the burnt spot is on the top left. I had figured if the display was bad the touch pad for turning oven on and temp. control would still work. Is there any troubleshooting guide? I haven't looked at the service manual too much yet. Just figured I would get over my head pretty quick. I ordered the display from this web site and it really didn't look like it had been tampered with, unless somebody took a lot of pains to make it look that way. I do appreciate your interest and any suggestions are appreciated.
denman  
#10 Posted : Sunday, December 14, 2008 12:30:31 PM(UTC)
denman

Cannot comment on the spot.

If a board fails it can do it in a number of ways: the display could go out, parts of the display could go out, some of the buttons may stop working, all of the buttons stop working, timer stops, etc. etc. etc.

Sorry cannot find a trouble shooting check sheet.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply