Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
robobxman  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 23, 2008 9:06:59 AM(UTC)
robobxman

Groups: Registered

First, hello. My name is Rob, and I'm writing from VA.

I've repaired a dryer and dishwasher before. I thought replacing a burner on my flat-top stove would be simple, but the replacement part I ordered is different enough to make me wonder if I have the right part.

The new part is the same size and shape, but the connectors are different in two ways. First, two of the connectors are smaller than the plugs that need to connect to them. Second, visually I can reconnect the wires in the same way, but each is labeled 2a, 2b etc, and if I follow these, they will be connected in a different configuration. Should I follow the labels (2a same as 2a) or the visual setup?

NOTE - Pic w/ connected wires is existing burner.

Thanks. Hope my first post asking a question like this isn't breaking any forum etiquette rules, but I'm stumped and need to get this stove fixed before we move in two days.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Admin / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 23, 2008 9:18:28 AM(UTC)
Admin / APP Team

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
According to your old element, the part number is 316010205, which is this one - Part Details - FRIGIDAIRE 6 inch radiant top surface burner, part number: 316010205 . Click on the picture to enlarge and you will see that the terminal sizes are all 1/4", just like the old element. So the question is, what part number element did you order?
robobxman  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 23, 2008 9:25:58 AM(UTC)
robobxman

The part is made by Electrolux, #318178110. I ordered it through another online appliance parts site, which I've used in the past. I'd like to use the part if I can, but if it is wrong, I will return it and get the Frigidaire part.
Admin / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 23, 2008 10:47:49 AM(UTC)
Admin / APP Team

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Frigidaire is owned by Electrolux and as far as parts are concerned there is no difference between the brands. However the part number you got from the other site is incorrect and won't work. I would recommend returning the part and gettng the right one instead.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply