Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pennym363  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 21, 2010 5:05:46 PM(UTC)
pennym363

Groups: Registered

The oven clock and temperature lit control panel started to get dimmer and dimmer until it was not lit up at all. During the period that this dimming was occuring the oven worked and heated properly at first, then as numbers dimmed more the oven started to only heat up only occasionally and sometimes would not heat up. When the numbers went dark completely the oven no longer would heat up at all.

With direction from this website I ordered a new control clock panel board and installed it. The clock and temperature indicator lights now work better than ever.......but the oven will still not heat up. Did I cause a short or burn something else out while continuing to try to use the oven with the failing control clock panel board? Or is there a reset button or something that needs to be activated? I really wanted my oven to work for Christmas! Can anyone help???

P.S. The stove top works fine and the control buttons beep and seem to work fine too.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

pennym363  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 22, 2010 7:03:59 AM(UTC)
pennym363

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: pennym363 Go to Quoted Post
The oven clock and temperature lit control panel started to get dimmer and dimmer until it was not lit up at all. During the period that this dimming was occuring the oven worked and heated properly at first, then as numbers dimmed more the oven started to only heat up only occasionally and sometimes would not heat up. When the numbers went dark completely the oven no longer would heat up at all.

With direction from this website I ordered a new control clock panel board and installed it. The clock and temperature indicator lights now work better than ever.......but the oven will still not heat up. Did I cause a short or burn something else out while continuing to try to use the oven with the failing control clock panel board? Or is there a reset button or something that needs to be activated? I really wanted my oven to work for Christmas! Can anyone help???

P.S. The stove top works fine and the control buttons beep and seem to work fine too.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this problem???