Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tom4star  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2008 9:11:15 AM(UTC)
tom4star

Groups: Registered

Just bought a house. The dishwasher is the whirlpool listed. The door leaks badly starting as soon as the rinse starts spraying. I pulled it part way out and it looks like it is run out the sides in the gap between the door and the enclosure. Also, water is comming from behind the panel. The door is not very tight (I can push it tighter when it is closed). Pushing the door in does not fix the leaking.

There is no gasket.

Do they make dishwashers that don't have a door gasket? Or, is mine just missing?

Should / can the door be adjusted? again when I hold it tight it still leaks.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

libertyappl  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2008 9:38:05 AM(UTC)
libertyappl

Groups: Senior Expert

There is a seal it is on the tub portion, here's your parts breakdown Model DUL300XTKT0

Also, depending on where you live and if you bought the house through an agent, if there was a seller's disclosure form filled out and signed, it should have been noted if the DW leaks. The selle's could be responsible for anything that wasn't working as stated when you purchased the house.
The only reason I say that is AI am also a real estate agent, not active, and have delt with these issues a few times over the last several years.

Nat
tom4star  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 22, 2008 3:09:43 PM(UTC)
tom4star

Acutally it was a forclosure. Thanks for the parts breakdown.

Tom
fspiertos  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 4:12:54 PM(UTC)
fspiertos

Originally Posted by: tom4star Go to Quoted Post
Just bought a house. The dishwasher is the whirlpool listed. The door leaks badly starting as soon as the rinse starts spraying. I pulled it part way out and it looks like it is run out the sides in the gap between the door and the enclosure. Also, water is comming from behind the panel. The door is not very tight (I can push it tighter when it is closed). Pushing the door in does not fix the leaking.

There is no gasket.

Do they make dishwashers that don't have a door gasket? Or, is mine just missing?

Should / can the door be adjusted? again when I hold it tight it still leaks.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

I need help installing a door gasket
cfreston  
#5 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2011 3:57:34 PM(UTC)
cfreston

If your washer is similar to mine (Whirlpool Gold) quiet partner circa 1998. There is a vent toward the top of the door. Mine was leaking across the bottom of the door quite badly. The repair guys at my local store told me to pry the cover off of the inside of the washer with a screw driver or pocket knife or something similar. Chances you will find lots of gunk in the vent. The water carries debris up in the vent and the vent eventually becomes clogged. After it gets clogged the water accumulates and runs down the inside of the door and runs out the bottom and on to the floor. I took the entire panel off of the inside of the door, and pulled the cover off and found lots o' junk, rinsed it and now it is good to go. the parts just snap back into place after cleaning.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply