Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nittanykid  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 6, 2010 4:32:42 PM(UTC)
nittanykid

Groups: Registered

Several weeks ago, the clock and temperature display on our Jenn-Air oven failed after about 10 years, leaving the display window permanently dark. The oven continued to operate, responding to the touch-pad controls even though we could not view the temperature and time. Today, however, the touch-pad controls no longer work. The unit continues to receive power; the interior light works and some touch-pad buttons still produce an audible beep.

The friendly parts folks suggested the problem probably is the Clock Assembly (CNTRL-ELEC), but also thought it could be the Control Paenl Assembly (PANL-CNTRL). Before I order, I would appreciate the advice of a wise and experienced technician.

Of course, I'd also be grateful for tips on how to replace this puppy. It appears that the access screws beneath the control panel should provide access.

Blessings!
nittanykid
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 7, 2010 2:27:21 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for JENN-AIR JJW9530AAB WALLOVEN- S/C ELE | AppliancePartsPros.com

Here is a manual
16010312 Jenn-Air Electric Wall Oven Service Manual - ApplianceDigest.com

You may have to join the site to download the manual but it is free and this is a good site for appliance info.
Be careful when using the manual to be sure the section applies to your unit as there are many models covered in this manual.

Odds are it is the clock (ctrl-elec) as that is where the display is.
This board has a number of capacitors on it, over time they dry out and no longer hold a charge. Shutting down the display.

You could try unplugging the unit and the control panel from the clock to see if it will come alive.
This checks that something on the panel is not pulling the clock power supply down.

[COLOR="Blue"]Before I order, I would appreciate the advice of a wise and experienced technician.[/COLOR]
Am a tech but that is as far as I can go in complying with the above.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
nittanykid  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 11, 2010 6:35:52 AM(UTC)
nittanykid

Groups: Registered

Great advice DENMAN!

That clock was indeed the problem, and I was able make the fix easily.

FYI: I would like to have downloaded the repair manual from Appliance Digest, but it never sent me the promised registration e-mail even though I registered twice.

I really appreciate your wisdom, and your modesty.

Cheers,
nittanykid
denman  
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 11, 2010 6:55:29 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
You are welcome.

And thanks for getting back to us. Now when others search for a similar problem they will see what actually worked instead of just suggestions about what could be the cause.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply