Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MRH  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 1, 2010 6:28:43 AM(UTC)
MRH

Groups: Registered

* Edit * Oven model is GE JKP44GOP13G

My GE double oven (electric) is beeping and displaying a code F4 whenever I try to use either the top or bottom. Initially the code only came up when I used the bottom, then the problem started with the top.
In order to stop the beeping I had to shut off power to the oven to stop the beeping, that's when I noticed resetting the power got the top working again but eventually resetting did not help.
I thought at first that I had a bad temp sensor, but now with both ovens not working I think this may be a circuit or wiring problem, anyhow I pulled the control panel and didn't see any signs of trouble.
Any suggestions?
Thanks for the help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 1, 2010 7:01:52 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MRH Go to Quoted Post
My GE double oven (electric) is beeping and displaying a code F4 whenever I try to use either the top or bottom. Initially the code only came up when I used the bottom, then the problem started with the top.
In order to stop the beeping I had to shut off power to the oven to stop the beeping, that's when I noticed resetting the power got the top working again but eventually resetting did not help.
I thought at first that I had a bad temp sensor, but now with both ovens not working I think this may be a circuit or wiring problem, anyhow I pulled the control panel and didn't see any signs of trouble.
Any suggestions?
Thanks for the help.

MRH,

Unfortunately, you didn't supply a model number for your unit.

We can give you some basic, general information, at this point.

Most control boards will display failure codes, it does not always specify which specific oven has the failure. Some of the newer, more elaborate controls do.

A lot of the control boards, after displaying a fail code for a certain amount of time or displays, will eventually, shut the whole system down, even if there is only one disabled component.

We can be more exact and precise with a proper model and serial number, and can answer your inquiries properly.

Thanks,
:) :) :)
MRH  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 2, 2010 11:33:32 AM(UTC)
MRH

The oven model is GE JKP44GOP13G
Thanks for the assistance.
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 3, 2010 9:02:45 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

The oven model is GE JKP44GOP13G
Thanks for the assistance.

MRH,

Well, Let's start with the obvious and easy stuff.

You have a F4 fail code ( oven sensor shorted ).

Do you have a multi meter, so you can check the oven sensor(s) resistance ?

You can remove the sensor from inside the oven cavity, just don't loose the wires.

With a meter, check across the two wires on the sensor for 1100 ohms or less(1084 ohms average) at room temperature.

Boil water (212 degrees), insert sensor into boiling water(don't touch the sides or bottom of the pot) and the resistance should increase to approximately 1350 ohms.

Test both sensors, if there is a more that 50 ohm resistance difference than I've stated, you'll need a new sensor.

From there, if all checks OK,we will have to check the resistance at the control board connections with the sensor(s) re installed, we don't want to have to pull the oven out of the cabinet, if we don't need to.

:cool: :cool: :cool:
MRH  
#5 Posted : Friday, December 3, 2010 1:24:37 PM(UTC)
MRH

Thanks for the help, I'll have to borrow or buy a multimeter but I'm glad to hear I don't have to pull the oven out of the wall. I'll post what I find.
Joe / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Friday, December 3, 2010 1:43:01 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Thanks for the help, I'll have to borrow or buy a multimeter but I'm glad to hear I don't have to pull the oven out of the wall. I'll post what I find.

MHR,

Here's the part number for the meter I would reccomend

Part number: AP3873826
Part number: AP3873826

It's pretty flexible and could come in handy around the house, car etc.

But if you can borrow, or purchase another meter, even better.

Will be looking for your update, in the near future.

:cool: :cool: :cool:
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply