Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fatmama  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 26, 2010 12:47:59 PM(UTC)
fatmama

Groups: Registered

So I know the dogs need to be replaced. this sucker is old. was my grandma's before I got it.

I managed to find the right tools to remove the main bolt, but there seems to be some sort of tabs holding the pieces in that hold the dogs in place. Is there some secret to get to those tabs? I don't want to just fiddle with it because I am prone to breaking things.
My husband is very handy under normal circumstances, but for these tabs, even he is at a loss.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kayakcrzy  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 26, 2010 1:27:49 PM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

Originally Posted by: fatmama Go to Quoted Post
So I know the dogs need to be replaced. this sucker is old. was my grandma's before I got it.

I managed to find the right tools to remove the main bolt, but there seems to be some sort of tabs holding the pieces in that hold the dogs in place. Is there some secret to get to those tabs? I don't want to just fiddle with it because I am prone to breaking things.
My husband is very handy under normal circumstances, but for these tabs, even he is at a loss.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

here is what you do. Put the agitator on the ground, and put you right foot on the base, on the right side, and your left foot on the base on the left side. So basically you are standing on the base. Then grab, the agitaot up top, and yang real yard, and real quick, and that will seperate the top part of the agitator from the bottom part. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
fatmama  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 26, 2010 3:33:31 PM(UTC)
fatmama

Groups: Registered

it worked like a charm.... and here I was worried about breaking little plastic bits...

And who would have imagined that not-so- lil ole me could attack washer repair with just a few helpful words from a stranger...

thank you much for your reply. I have had laundry piling up for a while now, I have been doing loads with the lid open and spinning the thing around by hand. lol

I am hoping a little tape or something in there will help hold me over till my replacement bits come...

you are an angel!!!
thank you thank you!!!
kayakcrzy  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 26, 2010 6:13:09 PM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

Originally Posted by: fatmama Go to Quoted Post
it worked like a charm.... and here I was worried about breaking little plastic bits...

And who would have imagined that not-so- lil ole me could attack washer repair with just a few helpful words from a stranger...

thank you much for your reply. I have had laundry piling up for a while now, I have been doing loads with the lid open and spinning the thing around by hand. lol

I am hoping a little tape or something in there will help hold me over till my replacement bits come...

you are an angel!!!
thank you thank you!!!

Glad to help!!! Great Job!!! Get that Laundry done!! LOL!! Tom ApplianceEducator.com
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply