Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rogerdrake  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 8, 2008 10:30:18 PM(UTC)
rogerdrake

Groups: Registered

I want to upgrade my kitchen cooktop to a glass non-induction cooktop. I now have a 20 year old Thermador cv2136-p with a downdraft vent. I would like to keep the thermador vent with the new cooktop. Can't seem to find a modern brand that I like with a similar vent. Do you think this is possible? Would probably be getting a Kitchenaid or GE cooktop. Can I remove the current vent switch to the vent and mount it in a different location on the new cooktop?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Servicer  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2008 4:48:14 PM(UTC)
Servicer

Groups: Senior Expert

Well, I've seen it done before, so it's possible, but may not be an easy job. You'll need to remove all of the vent related switches and wire harness then relocate them somewhere within a couple feet away. You would not be able to mount the switches into the new cooktop, especially if it's going to be glass. The power to the switches is fed in through the vent, so no other wiring would need to be added.
sfetter  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 15, 2009 5:23:48 AM(UTC)
sfetter

I am in a similar situation to the one you described. I just bought a house with a CV2136-P cooktop and CV2236 intake and CV2536 blower. I'd like to replace the cooktop but reuse the intake and blower--and thereby save over $2000. It would appear theoretically possible to mount a switch to control the intake and blower inside the cabinet, but I have no idea how to go about this--other than to try to figure out which wires in the harness to the cooktop are used, and somehow use the intake/blower switch from the existing cooktop.
sfetter  
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 15, 2009 5:24:57 AM(UTC)
sfetter

I am in a similar situation to the one you described. I just bought a house with a CV2136-P cooktop and CV2236 intake and CV2536 blower. I'd like to replace the cooktop but reuse the intake and blower--and thereby save over $2000. It would appear theoretically possible to mount a switch to control the intake and blower inside the cabinet, but I have no idea how to go about this--other than to try to figure out which wires in the harness to the cooktop are used, and somehow use the intake/blower switch from the existing cooktop.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply