Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gramps2001  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 6:42:44 AM(UTC)
gramps2001

Groups: Registered

It keeps clicking on startup and the condenser fan slows down then speeds up and slows down again a few times.

Then the whole thing shuts off for a few seconds and repeats itself several times before it runs steady and goes through a cycle.

It used to make a springy twang when it clicked off during startup but now it makes a dull click.

I blew the dust out of the condensing coil with my air compressor and made sure the evaporating coil was defrosted.

When I take the cardboard off the back of the compressor compartment and pull it 3 feet off the wall it runs OK. Evidently it gets extra cooling air that way and it keeps the bad component cooler so it works better.

Model RT21LMXKQ02

I replaced the condenser fan motor because an appliance repair counter man said that might be the problem..

There are 3 other parts that I could replace but I don't want to do a trial and error because the parts are not cheap.

The start relay #15, run capacitor #32 and the overload #13. There is another capacitor #32 in the parts list but it has pigtail leads and does not say start or run. I don't see anything like that in the fridge now.

Which parts or parts should I replace first?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.