Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Henry J  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2008 8:52:32 AM(UTC)
Henry J

Groups: Registered

I am trying to repair my parents stove. It has the following problems: The ignition on several of the burners does not work properly. When the burner is turned on the ignitor sparks on a different burner. I think only one of the five ignitors corresponds to the correct burner control. Also, more than one ignitor will spark when a single burner is turned on. On some of the burners the ignitors continue to spark after the flame has been adjusted down.

The stove is two or three years old. It only worked properly for the first few months. I removed the top and checked the wiring harness. All of the wiring seems to be connected as shown on the wiring diagram. There is a yellow control module that says Model 0950 with the following numbers on it:

0017 7976

is this the source of the problem? Does this model of stove have a history of problems? Where can I buy the replacement parts online? Thank you for your help!

- Henry
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

chrisprynoski  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2009 12:35:03 PM(UTC)
chrisprynoski

Henry,

I'm having the same problem with my Bosch stove. It just started happening today. I got the stove in 2007 and haven't had a problem until now. How were you able to resolve this issue?

-Chris
Ralph Nappi  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 30, 2010 7:38:35 AM(UTC)
Ralph Nappi

I have a simular problem as Henry J had. My gas range will not spark on the rear burners but when I try to fire them up the front ones will spark. If I hold a piece of metal like a screw driver near the head of the electrode it will spark. Please advise.
Thank you,
Ralph
Henry J  
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 30, 2011 9:22:10 PM(UTC)
Henry J

Well, three years later I finally got back to this problem, and solved it. I decided the spark control module that I originally suspected was bad must be the problem. I ordered a new one from APP.com. Installed the new module and bingo - all of the burners now spark properly. There is one small nagging issue though: one of the burners still sparks intermittently while in use (i.e. burner is lit). I am wondering if this is due to a bad ignitor? I will look into it when I have time and post back if I learn something.