Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dino89  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 8, 2010 7:03:19 AM(UTC)
dino89

Groups: Registered

hi
the washing machine drum no longer turns it was making a bit of noise before it stopped but this would come and go when it was spinnig, the motor is running but just hums as though the drum is stuck or seized , i can just about turn the drum by hand using all my strength any ideas where to start would be appreciated
thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 9, 2010 4:17:31 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

If your machine is less than 1 year old it should be covered by the manufacturer's warranty.

If you still need help please post a model number and someone should be able to assist you.
dino89  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 10, 2010 2:00:42 AM(UTC)
dino89

thanks for reply the model number is AAV 2200 AGW , serial 23556857ge its approx 5 years old.
i have had it up and had a look fgrom underneath , it would appear the pump pully is the problem it was seized. i sprayed wd40 and gave it ago, it makes alot of noise when it does turn and feels wobbly when you manouvre it about. the drum pully feels smooth and the motor runs ok but wont turn the pump the belt just slips on this pully
any other thoughts ,or where i can get a pump from in uk would be appreciated
thanks
Dean
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 10, 2010 4:38:42 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

There are two pumps listed for your model, here is the exploded view with the parts from this site.

Replacement parts for INTERNATIONAL AAV2200AGW Washer - Top Loading | AppliancePartsPros.com

This is a very common machine design so I would think any appliance parts dealer in the UK will have it or will be able to order it for you. It looks like there may be two different models, so be sure and give them that serial number along with the model number when you order.

If you have difficulty I would try to call APP (this site, we who reply are not associated formally with the parts operations) and see what they can do for you.
dino89  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 10, 2010 11:10:39 PM(UTC)
dino89

thanks for your help will get on to it today
dino89  
#6 Posted : Friday, November 12, 2010 12:39:55 AM(UTC)
dino89

Part Details - WHIRLPOOL PUMP-WATER, part number: AP4373022

this is the part i require any good spares places in uk anyone can point me to thanks dean
the reason i ask is because there is no uk shipping option i can find on this shop thanks again
sidfink43  
#7 Posted : Friday, November 12, 2010 4:25:03 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Check with places in your area that repair washers, or that sell used washers. This should be a fairly common part that is used on a lot of different models and you may be able to find one.
dino89  
#8 Posted : Saturday, November 13, 2010 1:22:39 AM(UTC)
dino89

thanks again sidthink43 . tried numerous places on email, still waiting for some to get back to me, most come back as not known! this is the only one i got back that could supply so far Spare Parts - Admiral :: Admiral Washing Machine Spare Parts :: AAV2200AGW
! and as opposed to 73 dollars in us its 191 pounds in uk robbing buzzards! the site in US dont ship to uk otherwise i would buy it there. offered to buy by paypal but still no go.
Dean
sidfink43  
#9 Posted : Saturday, November 13, 2010 3:48:57 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Wow, here you can buy a new washer for that!

I have no experience with parts in Europe, so I cannot help you other than suggest you try different US companies and see if you can find one that will ship to the UK or if Maytag has a parts operation in the UK or Europe.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply