Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CountTbolt  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 7, 2010 7:45:45 AM(UTC)
CountTbolt

Groups: Registered

I just replaced the rollers on my dryer and put on a new belt while I was at it. I thought everything went fine untill I tried to dry a heavy load of wet towels and the drum wouldn't turn. It doesn't appear that the motor is bad or losing torque, but I don't think that the belt is tight enough. It will work with a 1/3 load of towels of with lighter laundry, but won't turn a heavy load.

Could this be the idler pulley (tensioner)? It would seem strange that it would go out after replacing the belt etc. The belt appeared to be the correct length as I compared it with the old one. Never had this problem before I changed the rollers and belt. Any ideas? Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kayakcrzy  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 8, 2010 4:15:01 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

Originally Posted by: CountTbolt Go to Quoted Post
I just replaced the rollers on my dryer and put on a new belt while I was at it. I thought everything went fine untill I tried to dry a heavy load of wet towels and the drum wouldn't turn. It doesn't appear that the motor is bad or losing torque, but I don't think that the belt is tight enough. It will work with a 1/3 load of towels of with lighter laundry, but won't turn a heavy load.

Could this be the idler pulley (tensioner)? It would seem strange that it would go out after replacing the belt etc. The belt appeared to be the correct length as I compared it with the old one. Never had this problem before I changed the rollers and belt. Any ideas? Thanks!

The first thing I want you to do is open the door of the dryer, and turn the drum. If it turns free, great. if not, some times when you put it back together, you don't get it quite right, the drum, and the front hit, to create a drag. The second thing is, you might not have the belt on properly. Then rib side goes down on the drum, and then you have to lay down, and slide the belt through the idler bracket, and then on the motor pully. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
rahultiwari  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 8, 2021 6:29:49 PM(UTC)

Groups:
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Did you figure out what was the issue? i also changes 4 rollers and after that dryer wouldnt turn on high load. I think i noticed a space between one of the roller and drum.Do you think it might be missing not in tough with all 4 rollers and only running on 3?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply