Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dart79  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 1, 2010 9:40:13 PM(UTC)
dart79

Groups: Registered

The fridge was too warm and freezer was working fine for a while. now the entire freezer/fridge stopped cooling; everything defrosted in the freezer. I hear some humming and clicking sound but no cool air at all. I unplugged the fridge completely. Please advice. I am not a tech, but can follow directions
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 2, 2010 2:07:52 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here is your parts listing
Replacement parts for 795.7554440 models | AppliancePartsPros.com
The unit is actually a LG.

Here is a manual which I think is either for your unit or an exact match.
I am not 100% sure as cross referencing Sears numbers to actual manufacturer number is difficult.
http://136.166.4.200/contents/Fridge/LRFC25750xx/LRFC25750xx_Service_Manual.pdf

Your problem has the symptoms of a defrost problem, though it could be something else.

First you have to find out what is running.
Things to check are the evaporator fan (freezer), the condenser/compressor fan and the compressor it self. You should be able to hear the compressor also feel that it is vibrating and it should be warm.
You may have to hold a door switch closed to see if the evaporator fan is running.

If all are running then remove the evaporator cover in the freezer and check the coils. If they are heavily iced/frosted up then you have a defrost problem.
Possible causes are a blown heater or heater fuse, a bad sensor (thermistor) or a bad control board. Do not defrost the coils.
Try forcing a defrost cycle if the heater works then probably the board is bad.
If the heater does not work check the heater itself, the fuse and the sensor with a meter.

This is a complex piece of gear so can be a pain for a DIYer.
If you have to get in a repair person try to get someone with experience on this unit.
LG has a poor reputation in most regions when it comes to repairs.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Joeboe2001  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 6:59:21 AM(UTC)
Joeboe2001

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: denman Go to Quoted Post
Here is your parts listing
Replacement parts for 795.7554440 models | AppliancePartsPros.com
The unit is actually a LG.

Here is a manual which I think is either for your unit or an exact match.
I am not 100% sure as cross referencing Sears numbers to actual manufacturer number is difficult.
http://136.166.4.200/contents/F...750xx_Service_Manual.pdf

Your problem has the symptoms of a defrost problem, though it could be something else.

First you have to find out what is running.
Things to check are the evaporator fan (freezer), the condenser/compressor fan and the compressor it self. You should be able to hear the compressor also feel that it is vibrating and it should be warm.
You may have to hold a door switch closed to see if the evaporator fan is running.

If all are running then remove the evaporator cover in the freezer and check the coils. If they are heavily iced/frosted up then you have a defrost problem.
Possible causes are a blown heater or heater fuse, a bad sensor (thermistor) or a bad control board. Do not defrost the coils.
Try forcing a defrost cycle if the heater works then probably the board is bad.
If the heater does not work check the heater itself, the fuse and the sensor with a meter.

This is a complex piece of gear so can be a pain for a DIYer.
If you have to get in a repair person try to get someone with experience on this unit.
LG has a poor reputation in most regions when it comes to repairs.

We had the same problem last weekend. Wife called in Sears Home Repair. After twisting her arm into buying a service contract, he checked the temp in the box (50), listened to the noise it was making, and declared the compressor DOA. He ordered the part, said he would be back to install it next Monday--cost: $800+ less the $500 covered by the contract.

Next day we came home from work, sat down for dinner. As we were finishing, I heard icecubes fall in the icemaker in our non-functioning refrigerator.

We have cancelled the installation, but Sears stands by its man--says an experienced technician can identify a bad compressor just by listening. Also says that this is something that happens with compressors--it could shut off again tomorrow (it has worked 3 days so far).

I don't know what to make of it. I have a repairman I trust a bit more coming to look today, but...

For a top of the line product, Sears does not seem to be overly concerned about this premature failure of a major component.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply