Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jvr888  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 31, 2010 7:20:02 PM(UTC)
jvr888

Groups: Registered

We have a Whirpool double wall oven model # GBD307PRS01. I noticed today that it started beeping with an E6 F2 code, then went completely blank. I went to the forums to investigate and landed here.

Is there something I can try to troubleshoot the issue first before I replace anything? Do you think this is an issue with the control panel or the control board?

We have black control planel with stainless steel trim. Is part # AP4362220 the correct part number for this?

Thanks all in advance for your help.

jvr
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 1, 2010 2:16:59 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL GBD307PRS01 30" Built - in Electric Double Oven Convection - Upper Self - Clean (gold Line) | AppliancePartsPros.com

Here is a service manual
https://secured.whirlpool.com/Service/SrvTechAdm.nsf/2cd44500d572193285256a45004fd9d6/7d69e72584ddde3385256a7e00524e76/$FILE/8178007.pdf

Looks like your error is an open keypad.
This could be just a dirty/poor connection.
Connector Cleaning / Checking
Unplug the unit
Open it up
Remove the ribbon cable from the keypad to the control board at the control board.
Clean the edge connector.
If it is the type where there is not a connector just the insulation is removed, it can be cleaned with a pencil eraser. Do not use an ink eraser as it is too abrasive.
Check the tracks in the ribbon cable for hairline cracks. A magnifying glass helps here.
Would not hurt to clean the connector on the board. Use electronics contact cleaner or isopropyl alcohol and a tooth brush. Be gentle and do not reconnect till all the solvent evaporates.
Reconnect everything and give it a try.

Also I would unplug/remove power from the unit for 10 minutes or so. The control board may reset.

Hard to say which part is blown as there is no pin-out/schematic for just the keypad so you cannot check it.
I would replace the control board first but it is a crap shoot.

Cannot say if this is the correct part probably it is best to call AppliancePartsPros as the price difference between the different types seems excessive. Also looks like the parts listing is messed up for the control board.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
jvr888  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 1, 2010 9:13:39 AM(UTC)
jvr888

Thanks for the reply.

I'll give it a shot tonight.
jvr888  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2011 2:38:13 PM(UTC)
jvr888

Hi there, I tried the steps in the manual, but ended up breaking the front plastic panel since they were screwed from the inside and different from the steps in the manual. I thought they were just stuck, but unfotunately not. I think the manual is for an older model since the steps did not match. Can someone help me with a link for the GBD307PRS01 manual?

I was so dissappointed about breaking the front panel, that I left it for several months, but my wife is bugging me now to get it fixed. :o Does anyone know a reliable and honest repair shop in Houston/Katy, TX? Should I just contact Whirlpool Appliance Repair?

Thanks in advance,
JVR
twjones80  
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2012 11:21:05 AM(UTC)
twjones80

I had the same issue and you can easily repair.

1. Open both doors and remove the 4 silver screws.
2. Remove the silver trim.
3. There will be a total of 4 wood screws holding the oven in place, you can either remove or just loosen enough to gain access to the side of the oven.
4. Tilt the oven forward from the top to gain access to the 4 screws holding the display in place (2 screws on either side). See attached photo.
5. I recommend taking a picture of all the connections and marking each connector as you remove.
6. You can order the Control Panel Assy. (Black) Item Number: AP3865904 from Control panel replacement parts for Whirlpool RBD305PRS00 24" BUILT-IN ELECTRIC DOUBLE OVEN STD-CLEAN LOWER SELF-CLEAN UPPER | AppliancePartsPros.com
7. Cleaning all connections including the control ribbon cable maybe all you need.
I hope this helps.