Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cativo  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2008 1:49:19 PM(UTC)
Cativo

Groups: Registered

Hi all,

Great site by the way.

I have a GE Water Softener, model GXSF27, and it seems to be retaining water in the tank. It seems as if this started when I switched over to the Potassium granules from salt pellets. Maybe these are not compatible with my system? Does anyone have any experience with this happening? I have cleaned out the venturi housing and float assembly, but it seems to still back the water up.

Any ideas???
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

v2k04  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2008 3:23:29 PM(UTC)
v2k04

Groups: Senior Expert

If it has a Rotary valve and built by ecodyne it would be similar to a Kenmore. When they fill up with water it needs a seal kit in the valve what is happening is after the initial fill it goes into the brine cycle where it draws the salty water out of the salt tank and into the resin tank what yours is doing is instead of drawing the salty water out and into resin tank then to drain it's filling more water into salt tank so more than likely the valve needs rebuilt. also the gasket in the venturi needs replaced as well
Cativo  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2008 4:39:29 PM(UTC)
Cativo

Thanks for the heads up. I will look at the assembly again. When I took this assembly apart last April, all the o-rings looks good and I had some build up in the venturi area, that I cleaned up. I'll take it all apart again and check it out.
v2k04  
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2008 4:52:31 PM(UTC)
v2k04

Groups: Senior Expert

The seals will appear to look ok but they get hard and loose the seal it
s best just to replace all of them the seal that causes it to fill with water is the one the looks like an 8 next to the venturi inside the valve. youcan also take the black hose going into venturi while its in a brine and you should feel suction where you took the hose off or you can check ther suction at the float end
wjbertrand  
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 1, 2009 9:37:12 AM(UTC)
wjbertrand

I am having the exact same problem with almost the exact same model (GXSF27E) GE water softener. I had this problem a couple of years ago and replaced all the seals out of despiration, which got it working again but the problem has recurred. Shouldn't the seals last longer than they do? What's good source for the seal kit?

I've got to say I'm not too impressed with this equipment.
Cativo  
#6 Posted : Sunday, March 1, 2009 5:01:51 PM(UTC)
Cativo

They should last for years, but this unit is inferior to others. That is for sure. Mine still works, but requires way too much babysitting. Others have less issues.

Good luck!
Liam569  
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 3:35:16 AM(UTC)
Liam569

Man
United States

A serious problem for the filter. Consumables will not be more expensive for you than the filter? Try to change to another if the repair will cost more. I myself use this filter Pelican Water NS3 NaturSoft. Already a year has passed, everything is in order.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply