Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
coliecam  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2010 6:01:01 AM(UTC)
coliecam

Groups: Registered

No water heating or heat drying in dishwasher. Water heating light does come on on control panel. Element, thermostat or is there are water temp sensor in this model? I couldn't find reference to one in the diagrams. Thanks if yiou can help or even if you can't.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 2:39:38 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL GU1500XTLB1 Undercounter Dishwasher | AppliancePartsPros.com

Here is a manual which should help sort this out.
https://secured.whirlpool.com/Service/SrvTechAdm.nsf/2cd44500d572193285256a45004fd9d6/52521bdbd0ef763c85256cbc00520548/$FILE/8178022.pdf

Element, thermostat or is there are water temp sensor in this model?
Thermostat is a hi-limit Item 30 in Section 7 of the parts
Temp sensor is a thermistor Item 25 in Section 8

If the cycle times are normal I would start with the thermistor.
The unit thinks the temperatures are OK so progresses merrily through the cycle.

If the cycle times are longer, I would remove power from the unit and check the thermostat and heater with a meter. The unit is waiting for the water to get to set point it does not but there is usually a default time where the unit will continue the cycle.
Be sure to disconnect one side of the device you are checking this prevents you from reading an alternate/parallel circuit path.
Thermostat should be 0 ohms and the heater about 20 ohms.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
coliecam  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 4:52:28 AM(UTC)
coliecam

Thanks for the very complete response to my questions. The service on this site is awesome. Collecam
rjmmj  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 7, 2014 5:19:08 AM(UTC)
rjmmj

I have same problem with a whirlpool wdt710paym2. It does not heat water or dry it. Just replaced the element as it was cracked but still no heat. Does this apply too?
coliecam  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 7, 2014 10:13:01 AM(UTC)
coliecam

I have a Whirlpool Model GU 1500XTL. At the time I was advised that it could either one of three things, element, thermostat or ( I think) thermocouple. Since it was a semi-built in which involved some work getting it out, I replaced all three items and it's been working fine for four years. I have no idea which part was defective but the cost for all three parts was less than one service call. Good luck with yours.
gogolfnow@msn.com  
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 30, 2017 3:37:41 AM(UTC)
gogolfnow@msn.com

On the new model dishwashers after heating element burnt out I had to perform a reset to get the heater to turn back on, so pick three buttons. Button 1, button 2 and button 3. Press button 1,2,3 again 1,2,3 again 1,2,3 it should start a diagnostic after it completes the diag (about 10 min) it clears the codes and should start working.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply