Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bigpotter  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 12:53:29 PM(UTC)
bigpotter

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/25/2008(UTC)
Posts: 2

After heating some water microwave had a burning odor and was dead.Circuit breaker OK,glass fuse checked OK with meter.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com
 
repairman08  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 2:16:50 PM(UTC)
repairman08

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/25/2008(UTC)
Posts: 15

blew fuse in mw and burning smell probably was high voltage transformer or mag tube
bigpotter  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 3:03:40 PM(UTC)
bigpotter

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/25/2008(UTC)
Posts: 2

Thanks for replying,fuse checked ok with meter
repairman08  
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 3:35:07 PM(UTC)
repairman08

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/25/2008(UTC)
Posts: 15

if its an electrical smell more than likely hv transformer
Users browsing this topic
Similar Topics
GE Microwave Dead (Microwave Repair)
by slysbob 9/21/2010 9:43:23 AM(UTC)
GE Microwave Dead (Microwave Repair)
by drj 2/1/2008 11:46:37 AM(UTC)
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.