Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tomache  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 5:37:48 PM(UTC)
tomache

Groups: Registered

I own a Frigidaire Model FMV156DCC microwave over-the-range oven. It is about 5 years old and suddenly quit heating. Everything works, the timer counts down but it does not heat and the turn table does not turn.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Denis Lee  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 8:36:17 AM(UTC)
Denis Lee

I own Model FMV156DC Frigidaire, over-the-range microwave oven. It is about 6 years old and suddenly quit heating. Everything works, the timer counts down, the fan works, I can set the time, the light comes on inside, but it does not heat and the turn table does not turn.
peppersestate  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 6:08:04 AM(UTC)
peppersestate

Originally Posted by: Denis Lee Go to Quoted Post
I own Model FMV156DC Frigidaire, over-the-range microwave oven. It is about 6 years old and suddenly quit heating. Everything works, the timer counts down, the fan works, I can set the time, the light comes on inside, but it does not heat and the turn table does not turn.

I ahev the identical problem. Did you solve this?
peppersestate  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 6:08:53 AM(UTC)
peppersestate

Originally Posted by: tomache Go to Quoted Post
I own a Frigidaire Model FMV156DCC microwave over-the-range oven. It is about 5 years old and suddenly quit heating. Everything works, the timer counts down but it does not heat and the turn table does not turn.

I have the very very same problem. Did you find a solution?
Davidlerner  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2011 5:35:35 AM(UTC)
Davidlerner

Originally Posted by: peppersestate Go to Quoted Post
I have the very very same problem. Did you find a solution?

The problem is the lower door switch inside the unit. You need this part:
V-16G-3C25-K Omron Electronics Basic / Snap Action / Limit Switches

Which I believe is the same as this part:
Part Details - ERP SWITCH NO 15A, part number: AP4347888

1. Turn off the power to the unit.
2. Remove the three screws from the top grill of the unit. Remove grill.
3. Remove screw on top of control panel unit. Remove control panel carefully from top first. You have to twist it at the bottom to remove without damaging.
4. There are three black switches, each with two wires attached, behind where the control panel was to the left. Remove the two wires from the lower most switch, and pull it out carefully without breaking the white plastic tabs holding it in.
5. Put in your new switch, re-assemble, and plug back in. Should work.

Feel free to shoot me an email if you need help.

David
peppersestate  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2011 7:49:05 PM(UTC)
peppersestate

Originally Posted by: Davidlerner Go to Quoted Post
The problem is the lower door switch inside the unit. You need this part:
V-16G-3C25-K Omron Electronics Basic / Snap Action / Limit Switches

Which I believe is the same as this part:
Part Details - ERP SWITCH NO 15A, part number: AP4347888

1. Turn off the power to the unit.
2. Remove the three screws from the top grill of the unit. Remove grill.
3. Remove screw on top of control panel unit. Remove control panel carefully from top first. You have to twist it at the bottom to remove without damaging.
4. There are three black switches, each with two wires attached, behind where the control panel was to the left. Remove the two wires from the lower most switch, and pull it out carefully without breaking the white plastic tabs holding it in.
5. Put in your new switch, re-assemble, and plug back in. Should work.

Feel free to shoot me an email if you need help.

David

The diagnosis was so concise, I ordered the part right away. I put it in today and it is again a working unit.
Removing and re-installing the little bugger was advanced, entirely because the wiring limited the removal from the cavity. Its almost a blind operation. But I pulled it off and my rental is back going again. Many thanks! David
Fearmyself  
#7 Posted : Sunday, March 4, 2012 8:09:58 AM(UTC)
Fearmyself

Confirming this same diagnosis for my FMV156DCC as well - bottom switch is bad.

Some additional repair notes from my experience:

1) After removing the screw from the top of the control panel unit - no need to twist. Just push up from the bottom and the control panel should slide up about 3/16" and then release forward.

2) Use your digicam/phone to take several photos of the connections.

3) Remove the connectors from the control panel. Plastic connectors often have a lock tab on one side; press to allow removal. The spade tab connections also have small inner locking tines as well. Use fingernail or small screwdriver blade to press the inner locking tine to allow removal from the spade. Set control panel unit aside on a soft towel to prevent scratching.

4) Use a short handled or angled screw driver to remove the 2 screws from the latch switch assembly. Press upper release tab and slide up and the rotate loose.

5) take more photos of the switch wiring. press inner locking tines to release tabs and connector from the 3 switches. Plastic assembly with 3 switches should now be free.

6) Press locking tabs on plastic assembly to allow individual switches to rotate around their white holding pin and then you can easily remove.

7) Just my bottom switch was bad. I will likely replace them all to save future repair time. Bottom and top switch are the same type - so I find it interesting that just the bottom switch should fail. It may be handling a different current level and thereby fail first.
chrisNC  
#8 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2012 4:38:37 PM(UTC)
chrisNC

The below instructions worked and saved me over a hundred bucks. Some tips to use:
- Get multiple length Phillips screw drivers for this job laid out
- Have one small flat head and a needle nose pliers handy
- Use a head lap to see under there which helps since you disconnected the power
- Watch the sharp edges on the control panel. It cut me up at first.
- Keep track of how many screws you take out at each step. I thought I would remember well but taking out the old unit was harder for me :eek:
- Once you disconnected the 2 wires connected to the old unit. Use the flat head screw driver from the back of the release lever to release the old unit. It will spin right out vs. spending 45 minutes on it like I did :mad:
- Put all screws back in place (See above tip) and then have a nice drink to relax :)

Thank you again for those who posted here. I am a smart dumb guy for fixing things around the house. Cheers!
Flipfultz  
#9 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2015 6:39:02 PM(UTC)
Flipfultz

I was able to pull the bottom switch off pull it apart sand the contacts put it back together and get a temporary fix until I could get the part. Thanks so much for the people that have put this post up in this forum it helped a lot. Thx again.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply