Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Neilroy87  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 17, 2010 5:11:05 PM(UTC)
Neilroy87

Groups: Registered

Tonight, after our oven was pre-heating for a few minutes, it began to beep repeatedly, and flashed either an F1 or F10 error code. I turned off the power at the breaker, and turned it back on after a few moments. I was then able to pre-heat correctly, and finish our baking. However, after we turned the oven off, it continued to heat although there was nothing displayed on the panel. The error code has not come back on. A little research seems to indicate this may be a faulty control board, but I just don't know. Any thoughts or suggestions?? Thanks in advance!!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 3:39:45 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for GLES389FSC models | AppliancePartsPros.com

Here is the wiring diagram.
http://manuals.frigidaire.com/prodinfo_pdf/Lassomption/318271934.pdf

Yes it could be the control board.
With Frigidaire F1 is usually a control board problem.

If the element is on full it is probably the control board.
If it cycles on/off it is probably the control board.

If it is partially on or only one area of it is heating, it could be that the element has shorted to it's support and is receiving 120 volts through the unit's frame.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Neilroy87  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 9:41:35 AM(UTC)
Neilroy87

Thanks for the reply. It seems to be fully heating, and I was able to cook with it today, but again, after turning it off, it continued to heat, and I had to turn the power off at the breaker. How do I test to ensure it's the control board? Is it a difficult repair? What is the difference between FSA, FSB & FSC model numbers?
Neilroy87  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 3:10:59 PM(UTC)
Neilroy87

Another thing I noticed today--when I hit the breaker to turn the oven back on to use the range, the oven does not start to heat. It just seems like it continues to heat after I have been using the oven.
denman  
#5 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 6:08:08 PM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
[COLOR="Blue"]How do I test to ensure it's the control board?[/COLOR]
You could check the relay output with a meter but since the wiring looks OK and the relay is on the board I would put my money on the board. I cannot think of anything else that could cause this.

[COLOR="Blue"]Is it a difficult repair?[/COLOR]
I am not sure on this as I have never pulled a slide in apart and I cannot find a manual for it. The hardest part will be opening up the control console. Once you figure that out it should be easy. Hopefully someone else who has worked on this unit will jump in. Be sure to remove power from the unit when doing this.

[COLOR="Blue"] What is the difference between FSA, FSB & FSC model numbers?[/COLOR]
I do not know.

[COLOR="Blue"]Another thing I noticed today--when I hit the breaker to turn the oven back on to use the range, the oven does not start to heat. It just seems like it continues to heat after I have been using the oven.[/COLOR]
It could be the board is giving a false heat signal to the relay and turning it off resets the board. Also sometimes contacts in a relay get pitted and the current going through them actually holds them together. When you remove power the contacts open.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!