Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ftalbert  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 19, 2008 11:42:17 AM(UTC)
ftalbert

Groups: Registered

I have a stackable washer/dryer unit. My timer and automatic dry function quit working at the same time. The dryer still drys properly but will not shut off on the automatic setting. The dial doesn't move. The timer also doesn't move or shut off. It still works fine with either automatic or timer modes it just won't shut off or stop running until you open the door. I first thought it might be the moisture sensor, but I don't think that would effect the timer function. Anyone know what my dryer problem might be? Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Drags1998  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 19, 2008 1:52:07 PM(UTC)
Drags1998

Groups: Senior Expert

It could very well be the moisture sensor, The Timer won't move until the Heat cycles OFF during the cycle, This is NOT an easy thing to figure out, Before you start Throwing parts at it, I might be a good idea to have a PRO look at it!!!!:)
ftalbert  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 3:42:50 AM(UTC)
ftalbert

Is there a way to test the moisture sensor to identify or eliminate it as a possible cause?
ftalbert  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2008 5:17:35 AM(UTC)
ftalbert

This was my first post on this site and I was hoping for a better reponse from the "Pros" than I received. I live way out in the country and cannot afford to have a "Pro" come to my home. I am mechanically inclined and I have a multi-meter for testing purposes. If one of you "Pros" could give me a little more direction with my problem I would appreciate it. Thank you.