Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
quone  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 4, 2010 8:58:45 PM(UTC)
quone

Groups: Registered

The light bulb in my microwave burned out. I can't get information from Google or Thermador on how to access it. I took off the metal panel inside, but the space behind it isn't big enough to get at the bulb. It's a 2004 model MBBS/01. :confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Servicer  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 6, 2010 4:09:13 PM(UTC)
Servicer

Groups: Senior Expert

Hello,
I'm pretty sure the outer wrap needs to be removed to access the light bulb.

KC
quone  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 6, 2010 8:29:43 PM(UTC)
quone

Originally Posted by: Servicer Go to Quoted Post
Hello,
I'm pretty sure the outer wrap needs to be removed to access the light bulb.

KC

Sorry to be ignorant--does that mean I would need to take out the microwave (it's a built-in) so that I can remove the outside "shell"? Is that something an average DIYer can do? I don't see very many screws, but I'm willing to give it a go if there's not a risk of damaging the unit.

Thank you!
Servicer  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 7, 2010 3:41:01 AM(UTC)
Servicer

Yes, the unit will have to be removed. It shouldn't be too difficult. First, the trim will need to be removed. For this, the corners will unsnap from the brackets that are mounted to the cabinet. So, just pull on the corners.
Once the trim is off, you'll see the microwave sitting on the base panel. This is secured from the front using some screws that should be easily visible. Once these screws are removed, the microwave and base should slide out easily. You may need an extra hand to unplug the microwave as you're pulling it out.

Once out, you'll remove the screws from the back, you'll slide the case back and lift up. At this point, you'll be able to find and replace the light, which is in an air duct near the latch switches. (See the attached diagram)

Good luck.

KC
File Attachment(s):
MBBB_Light.pdf (55kb) downloaded 338 time(s).
midiman40  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2011 10:26:45 AM(UTC)
midiman40

Originally Posted by: Servicer Go to Quoted Post
Yes, the unit will have to be removed. It shouldn't be too difficult. First, the trim will need to be removed. For this, the corners will unsnap from the brackets that are mounted to the cabinet. So, just pull on the corners.
Once the trim is off, you'll see the microwave sitting on the base panel. This is secured from the front using some screws that should be easily visible. Once these screws are removed, the microwave and base should slide out easily. You may need an extra hand to unplug the microwave as you're pulling it out.

Once out, you'll remove the screws from the back, you'll slide the case back and lift up. At this point, you'll be able to find and replace the light, which is in an air duct near the latch switches. (See the attached diagram)

Good luck.

KC

Hi KC,

Thanks so much for posting the reply on how to change a lightbulb in the Thermdor microwave - MBBS (sounds like a joke is coming).

Problem is, once I've removed the microwave, I have not been able to remove the 3 or so allen screws on the back so I can slide the case off. Did Thermador really use custom allen screws??? If so, do you have any suggestions on how to remove/where to find a custom allen wrench, etc. Thanks, Steve
Servicer  
#6 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2011 10:41:38 AM(UTC)
Servicer

Here you go..
http://www.amazon.com/33-pc-Sec...id=1308940608&sr=8-1

Or you can try Harbor Freight, if you have one nearby.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply