Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Savannah9999  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2007 7:16:13 AM(UTC)
Savannah9999

Groups: Registered

The dishwaher is intermittantly not cleaning, at all. I am suspicious that the dishwasher is not filling properly with water, or not circulating the water that is there. I don't hear the water spraying around like I used to, and if I pop the door open mid-cycle I see only a dribble coming out of the spray arms. Often times the soap is still in the dispencer, but the door is open.

I have removed and cleaned the strainer at the bottom. Below the strainer I did find a few "balls" of soap which I removed.

At the end of the cycle the inside is steamy, so I do know that some water is going into the dishwasher, and that the heater is working. Last night it ran for about 4 hours before completeing the cycle.

My wife wants me to toss it, but I am thinking of changing the Water Level Switch.....

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Jim
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Adam / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2007 8:52:15 AM(UTC)
Adam / APP Team

Groups: Administrators

Dear Savannah9999,

Usually if there is food, detergent or anything left on dishes or in the dishwasher it has to do with the water temperature.
( That is if there is no water left standing in the bottom of the tub at the end of the cycle)

Your water heater in your home should be set at 120-140 degrees unless you have an option for temp boost/heat assist or the element is used in the dishwasher to increase the water temperature. If it does you can get by with setting the water heater at 120 degrees.

If you have an ohm meter you can check continuity on the heater and thermostat by setting your meter on the lowest setting of ohms, removing the wires from the part.

No power is needed for these tests so be sure to disconnect the dishwasher.

Once the water is hot enough you can try some dishwasher magic to help grid rid of whats is left in the dishwasher.
sobisu  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 4, 2021 2:53:58 PM(UTC)
sobisu

Groups: Registered
Spain

Originally Posted by: Savannah9999 Go to Quoted Post
The dishwaher is intermittantly not cleaning, at all. I am suspicious that the dishwasher is not filling properly with water, or not circulating the water that is there. I don't hear the water spraying around like I used to, and if I pop the door open mid-cycle I see only a dribble coming out of the spray arms. Often times the soap is still in the dispencer, but the door is open.

I have removed and cleaned the strainer at the bottom. Below the strainer I did find a few "balls" of soap which I removed.

At the end of the cycle the inside is steamy, so I do know that some water is going into the dishwasher, and that the heater is working. Last night it ran for about 4 hours before completeing the cycle.

My wife wants me to toss it, but I am thinking of changing the Water Level Switch.....

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Jim

Cleaning the dishwasher is a laborious and difficult task. Fortunately, there are a few articles that will enlighten us on this subject.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply