Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jamez8531  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 9, 2008 9:23:15 PM(UTC)
jamez8531

Groups: Registered

This just started a couple days ago. I noticed ice cream was soft, but ice cubes still in tray, and fridge not as cold as it should be. I turned up the levels on both, but nothing. I did notice frost build up in the back of the freezer. Does this sound like a costly repair? As I am on a fixed income, and do not know how to fix things.

Thank You,
Joanne
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

v2k04  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 10, 2008 3:19:14 AM(UTC)
v2k04

Groups: Senior Expert

The defrost cycle has quit working and instead of the frost on your evaporator melting off as it should in a defrost cycle isn't anymore being an Amana I would check the termination thermastat first. You have to rtemove the back cover and thaw it out. The T-stat will be clipped to the suction line round and silver in color it's easy to tell if they are bad most the time it's exploded or the top is popped up On an Aman that is generally the problem. You can manually advance it into a defrost cycle by locating the timer and turning it clockwise if by manually advancing it and the heater comes on that tells you the heater and stat are good and the timer is bad cause its not advancing anymore
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply