Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MATCHR3  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 8, 2008 5:14:20 PM(UTC)
MATCHR3

Groups: Registered

The oven door on my Roper Gas Oven won' stay closed. When in the closed position it still has about a 1" gap at the top of the door. Any suggestions?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

SublimeMasterJW  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 8, 2008 7:56:04 PM(UTC)
SublimeMasterJW

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
You can take a broom handle or a hammer handle, and place it in the door near the hinge and GENTLY close the door on the handle to tweak the oven door where it will meet up with the frame. Move it back and forth till the door fits. It may not work but it just might. How do I know? I delivered many appliances before I got a brain in my head and learned how to repair them. It works on refrigerators also.
dtrammell  
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 4, 2011 3:56:20 PM(UTC)
dtrammell

Originally Posted by: SublimeMasterJW Go to Quoted Post
You can take a broom handle or a hammer handle, and place it in the door near the hinge and GENTLY close the door on the handle to tweak the oven door where it will meet up with the frame. Move it back and forth till the door fits. It may not work but it just might. How do I know? I delivered many appliances before I got a brain in my head and learned how to repair them. It works on refrigerators also.

I just signed up here so I could say THANK YOU! I've been living with this problem for years and never thought to look up repair solutions online (I just cranked my heat up 50 degrees when I baked), but now 30 seconds of work based on solid advice has fixed the problem!

If this forum had a kudos system you'd get all mine. Thanks again.
SublimeMasterJW  
#4 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2011 3:49:17 PM(UTC)
SublimeMasterJW

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thanks, I love helping people out and AppliancePartsPros does also.
Glad ye could Git Er Done!
stewfamily  
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 3, 2011 8:37:52 PM(UTC)
stewfamily

Originally Posted by: SublimeMasterJW Go to Quoted Post

Found this and had my hubby try this trick. Fixed it perfect!! Saved us the money of having a repair guy out. Thanks a bunch!!!
TrumpSuxCox  
#6 Posted : Saturday, April 8, 2017 8:12:25 AM(UTC)
TrumpSuxCox

Our oven door has been plaguing us for years - just saw this and tried it and it worked like a charm....thanks very much.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply