Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ironglen  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2007 6:55:42 PM(UTC)
ironglen

Groups: Registered

The machine just finished a load with the burnt odor, so I opened to look inside. The belt was very loose and cracked, so I replaced with a slightly (1cm less) shorter belt from the auto store. The plastic pump under the motor had an oily film on it (?lost lubricant) and the 'impeller' seemed loose inside. Upon reassembly, washer filled, then smoked (motor) a couple tries at the switch, and quit.

First off, if the motor is burnt (there was odor and the front panel has smoke marks), is it worthwhile to replace it for ~$170? Correct me if I'm wrong, but a new water pump ~$50 would seem like a good idea as well with the 12 yr old age of the unit. Will other parts need replacement as well that should lead me to buy a new machine? There appear to be very few mechanical parts, however, a look at other posts seem to convince me that there may be seals, transmission, and main bearing that will fail (eventually). On the other hand, the machine has a stainless basket and appears well made.
Any ideas, suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

Glen
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.