Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lkaymen  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 4:57:03 AM(UTC)
lkaymen

Groups: Registered

My whirlpool oven won't turn on, broiler also, everything else works, it has a code F363, I can hear the lock or solinoids click on then off, but no heet. I replaced the temp probe, that did not correct the problem? is this a controller issue?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 8:04:27 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: lkaymen Go to Quoted Post
My whirlpool oven won't turn on, broiler also, everything else works, it has a code F363, I can hear the lock or solinoids click on then off, but no heet. I replaced the temp probe, that did not correct the problem? is this a controller issue?

I think, you mean you have an F3-E3 code, there is no F363 code for your unit(unless you've got a bad ERC).

If you have replaced the oven temperature sensor, and checked the wiring and connections from the sensor to the ERC.

Then, YES the ERC is most likely the problem.

Part number: AP4339950
davelmanning  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2011 2:05:43 PM(UTC)
davelmanning

I have the same problem and same error code. I know it's not the spark module as I just replaced it to no avail.:mad:
ApplianceJunk  
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 6:11:04 AM(UTC)
ApplianceJunk

Groups: Senior Expert

F3-E3 Clean temperature out of range (too high)
- BAKE elements does not turn off

Here is the tech sheet with all the codes for your model and diagnostic information.
File Attachment(s):
Tech Sheet - 9762983.pdf (147kb) downloaded 57 time(s).
davelmanning  
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 6:50:26 AM(UTC)
davelmanning

Originally Posted by: ApplianceJunk Go to Quoted Post
F3-E3 Clean temperature out of range (too high)
- BAKE elements does not turn off

Here is the tech sheet with all the codes for your model and diagnostic information.

I have the tech sheet and the error code presented by the stove is not on the sheet. Additionally, I cannot clear the error code. Never lets me enter mode 1 for manual diagnostics. Whenever I am on the error code screen and hit clock, the display just says good and never clears the code.

According to the earlier post by Joe from App team, he says it is the control panel.

One of the issues is that my stove seems to go into control lock on its own at random times. I have seen it happen when I loose power (which is expected). However sometimes it beeps and locks itself without any reason and power has not been interrupted.

Trying to nail this issue down has been a very frustrating and expensive way to troubleshoot.
Joe / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2011 5:53:25 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: davelmanning Go to Quoted Post
I have the tech sheet and the error code presented by the stove is not on the sheet. Additionally, I cannot clear the error code. Never lets me enter mode 1 for manual diagnostics. Whenever I am on the error code screen and hit clock, the display just says good and never clears the code.

According to the earlier post by Joe from App team, he says it is the control panel.

One of the issues is that my stove seems to go into control lock on its own at random times. I have seen it happen when I loose power (which is expected). However sometimes it beeps and locks itself without any reason and power has not been interrupted.

Trying to nail this issue down has been a very frustrating and expensive way to troubleshoot.

Dave,
It doesn't seem like you have the same issue, not with the additional information. It sounds more involved.
But if you follow the instructions on the tech sheet, AJ included with the previous post you should bave it figired out shortly.
Just read and closely follow the instructions, and you'll do fine.

:) :) :)
nohypnos  
#7 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2013 1:28:13 PM(UTC)
nohypnos

Any fix? Same code F363. I really don't think it is F3E3. Thanks!
Joe / APP Team  
#8 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2013 2:05:11 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: nohypnos Go to Quoted Post
Any fix? Same code F363. I really don't think it is F3E3. Thanks!

Nohypnos, Please review the previous posts including the attached tech data information sheet, if you haven't yet.

There is a non confirmed inquiry and response indicating that the gas valve

Part number: AP5306380
Part number: AP5306380

may be the issue, but that has not been confirmed as of yet.
nohypnos  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2013 2:34:00 PM(UTC)
nohypnos

After going through the tech data info sheet, I decided it was the gas valve. I replaced the valve. The oven now works on bake and broil. However, something isn't right. Strong gas odor when using oven and top burners. Maybe the nozzle that flows up? I can't find any leaks on the outside connections to the valve.
Joe / APP Team  
#10 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2013 5:38:41 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: nohypnos Go to Quoted Post
After going through the tech data info sheet, I decided it was the gas valve. I replaced the valve. The oven now works on bake and broil. However, something isn't right. Strong gas odor when using oven and top burners. Maybe the nozzle that flows up? I can't find any leaks on the outside connections to the valve.

Nohypnos, You're going to have to recheck all the brass connectors and tubing, with the oven and the top burners on/operating. Of course you'll want to use a "bubble test" solution. You'll also need to check the solenoid

Part number: AP3591109
Part number: AP3591109

and tubing

Part number: AP3120341
Part number: AP3120341

Part number: AP3176066
Part number: AP3176066

up the back of the range to the top burner manifold, there is a possibility that something got twisted, loose or cracked during the replacement of the gas valve. If it were the gas valve orifice or hood there would only be a gas leak or odor when the oven was in use, not when the top burners are in use.

First check all the connections with the range "static", then turn on all the burners and oven, then re check all the connections.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply