Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dgam  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 16, 2010 7:01:25 AM(UTC)
dgam

Groups: Registered

The plastic door to the icemaker is loose and will not close properly. Also, does not move when arm is engaged. To the right of the ice chute I can see a black disk attached to a short arm. At the top of the arm is a small circle which is looped over a short white plastic arm on the ice-maker door. Looks like a simple enough repair, if I knew what to attach it to. Do I need to remove the front panel to accomplish this?

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 16, 2010 8:02:22 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: dgam Go to Quoted Post
The plastic door to the icemaker is loose and will not close properly. Also, does not move when arm is engaged. To the right of the ice chute I can see a black disk attached to a short arm. At the top of the arm is a small circle which is looped over a short white plastic arm on the ice-maker door. Looks like a simple enough repair, if I knew what to attach it to. Do I need to remove the front panel to accomplish this?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Dgam,

I reccomend you order this part :

Dispenser door hinge repair kit.
( click on number for info.)
Part number: AP3872692
Part number: AP3872692

The kit will have all the parts you need to repair the flapper assembly, based on the info you supplied.

Yes, you can access the assembly, by removing the dispenser front trim panel.

On the bottom edge of the dispenser panel, you should see two slots in the plastic trim panel,

Use a screwdriver (be careful, don't scratch or gouge the door panel) insert the screw driver blade into the slot and twist or pry out on the panel and push down on the top trim of the panel to dislodge the retainer clips from the door panel.

You should now have access to the switch mounting plate, some are screwed in with 3 screws and some are a plastic clip fit.

Remove the switch panel, and you will have access to the flapper assembly and repair your dispenser.

Remember,

To unplug the power cord at the outlet or remove the top hinge cover and disconnect the harness so you dont damage anything in the dispenser or shock yourself.

Good Luck,

:) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply