Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sbuckley@dtec.com  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 9, 2010 11:36:44 AM(UTC)
sbuckley@dtec.com

Groups: Registered

I did some research and found an article saying that the most likely causes of a squeak are the front drum support glides and the rear drum support bearing. So I ordered replacements of both from AppliancePartsPros (order #1345780). My plan is to go ahead and replace both parts since I'll have the machine torn apart. Here are my questions:

1) The slide kit assembly came with one set (a pair) of glides. I thought that was all I would need - one glide for the right side of the drum and one slide for the left side. But after reading some other posts on this site it seems that some dryers have 4 glides at the front. Did I order correctly, or do I need to order an additional set of glides?

2) The article said that I'd probably need to replace the rear drum bearing, so that's all I ordered. But one of the posts on this site has a comment from a technician telling the person they'd need to order a bearing kit in order to do the bearing replacement job. The bearing I ordered and received was only a few dollars, but the bearing kit costs much more. Will the bearing that I received not do the trick, and instead I need to order a bearing kit? Or is the bearing that I received all that I'll need?

3) The bearing that came in the shipment included a note saying that in using this as a replacement bearing "you should remove and discard the one inch steel and fiber washers". Does this mean that I am supposed to replace those with new ones? Or does it mean that they are no longer necessary parts when you install this new bearing?

Thank you!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 9, 2010 2:50:54 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sbuckley@dtec.com Go to Quoted Post
I did some research and found an article saying that the most likely causes of a squeak are the front drum support glides and the rear drum support bearing. So I ordered replacements of both from AppliancePartsPros (order #1345780). My plan is to go ahead and replace both parts since I'll have the machine torn apart. Here are my questions:

1) The slide kit assembly came with one set (a pair) of glides. I thought that was all I would need - one glide for the right side of the drum and one slide for the left side. But after reading some other posts on this site it seems that some dryers have 4 glides at the front. Did I order correctly, or do I need to order an additional set of glides?

2) The article said that I'd probably need to replace the rear drum bearing, so that's all I ordered. But one of the posts on this site has a comment from a technician telling the person they'd need to order a bearing kit in order to do the bearing replacement job. The bearing I ordered and received was only a few dollars, but the bearing kit costs much more. Will the bearing that I received not do the trick, and instead I need to order a bearing kit? Or is the bearing that I received all that I'll need?

3) The bearing that came in the shipment included a note saying that in using this as a replacement bearing "you should remove and discard the one inch steel and fiber washers". Does this mean that I am supposed to replace those with new ones? Or does it mean that they are no longer necessary parts when you install this new bearing?

Thank you!

1) There is only one pair of glides in this dryer.

2) This bearing should be good enough. Lubricate the shaft with a small amount of any high temperature grease.

3) You don't need these washers anymore.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for General Electric DDE7500GAL Electric dryer | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply