Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
johnt7225  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 3, 2010 3:54:04 AM(UTC)
johnt7225

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I am hoping that someone can provide some feedback on this machine (Whirlpool WTW5310VQ at Costco).

The only reason I am considering this machine is Costco's great customer service.

I have posted about a problem we had with its sister machine, the WTW5100VQ, which died on our very first wash.

Any feedback or recommendations on this or any other simple top-loader are greatly welcome.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 3, 2010 7:10:40 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: johnt7225 Go to Quoted Post
Hello,

I am hoping that someone can provide some feedback on this machine (Whirlpool WTW5310VQ at Costco).

The only reason I am considering this machine is Costco's great customer service.

I have posted about a problem we had with its sister machine, the WTW5100VQ, which died on our very first wash.

Any feedback or recommendations on this or any other simple top-loader are greatly welcome.

John,

Both of the units you mentioned are " basic " Whirlpool top load washers.

No major changes in 15 or 20 years.

What went wrong with the original unit ?

Whirlpool has always produced a decent machine, they were my #2 choice for many years, and now that Whirlpool acquired Maytag, is probably your best option.(my personal choice).

Why not a front load washer ?

Good Luck,

:) :) :)
johnt7225  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 3, 2010 7:57:03 AM(UTC)
johnt7225

Hello Joe,

With regard to the WTW5100, after Lowes set up the machine, our first wash was a small load using the Casual cycle. As it was nearing the Rinse, there were six to eight continuous "knocks" and the machine stopped; dead. I pushed the knob in and pulled it out again - nothing happened. I pushed/pulled the knob at different points around the dial - no response; no hums, nothing at all. Lowes picked it up the next day.

Now we don't even have the old washer, which at least half worked.

The only "con" review I have read about this model was that it was loud. Which it was, for the 20 minutes or so that it worked.

I don't know if it was bad luck or not, but I am reluctant to try that model again. Unless I get a few positive responses about that model.

Any current Maytag model that you would recommend? One without the electronic console?
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 3, 2010 9:04:18 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: johnt7225 Go to Quoted Post
Hello Joe,

With regard to the WTW5100, after Lowes set up the machine, our first wash was a small load using the Casual cycle. As it was nearing the Rinse, there were six to eight continuous "knocks" and the machine stopped; dead. I pushed the knob in and pulled it out again - nothing happened. I pushed/pulled the knob at different points around the dial - no response; no hums, nothing at all. Lowes picked it up the next day.

Now we don't even have the old washer, which at least half worked.

The only "con" review I have read about this model was that it was loud. Which it was, for the 20 minutes or so that it worked.

I don't know if it was bad luck or not, but I am reluctant to try that model again. Unless I get a few positive responses about that model.

Any current Maytag model that you would recommend? One without the electronic console?

John,

Yes, Whirlpool washers are a little louder than most, especially now a days.

There are no new "Maytag" products, available.

They are all Whirlpool designed and built.

I'm sure, if you go with the WTW5310 from your chosen dealer, you'll be fine.

As always, Read the use and care / operating manual first.

:) :) :)
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2022 12:17:03 PM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I need to open top of wtw5310vq to see what parts needed.. Need a pic or diagram.. Help
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply