Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jokerwild  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 12:22:23 PM(UTC)
jokerwild

Groups: Registered

My Whirlpool Microwave (and oven combo) allows me to enter the time, etc but when I press start it doesn't work and "Door" comes up in the display. I have tried to reset the unit by turning off the electrical breaker. The door seems to be closing correctly and the rest of the display seems to be fully operational.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

libertyappl  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 12:30:13 PM(UTC)
libertyappl

Groups: Senior Expert

Please post your model number.
Nat
jokerwild  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 1:56:46 PM(UTC)
jokerwild

The Model # is GMC305PDS07
libertyappl  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 2:08:53 PM(UTC)
libertyappl

Groups: Senior Expert

By reading the tech sheet i'm going to say either the door switch is out or the latch isn't actually latching all the way leaving the circuit open.
There isn't anything on the tech sheet about the display saying door.
Nat
Tippy  
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 11, 2010 2:15:41 PM(UTC)
Tippy

Originally Posted by: MicrowaveDisplaycom Go to Quoted Post
It's either a failed door switch or the alignment of the door switch mount or hinge(s) is off.

You can usually find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your full model number here.

More info on door switches uis here.

I have exact same model and problem-- what did the user do to solve. Thus far, I've paid out nearly $100 and told that various switches need to be replaced at a cost of $441 and there is apparently no alternative for the microwave, except replacing the entire oven/microwave combination at a costs of $2500 - $3500.
:(
Tippy  
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2010 8:17:44 AM(UTC)
Tippy

Thank you for the information. I haven't decided yet whether to repair or replace. I'll re-examine the information you provided and make a decision. Thanks again.
rokbrnc  
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2011 8:16:52 AM(UTC)
rokbrnc

I am having the same problem, Model: GSC308PRQ. I have tested the circuit and replaced all (3) cherry switches that monitor the door position, ohm'd the ones I removed (all good) and recycled power to the unit.

Problem persists.
rokbrnc  
#8 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2011 7:58:36 AM(UTC)
rokbrnc

Thanks for the assistance!

At this point, I'm kinda lost. I rung out the wiring from the door switches, through the circuitry and back to the control panel. Everything ohm's out good and there is full continuity. I did find that the 15A fuse was blown so for troubleshooting purposes, I jumpered around it but still receive the DOOR message when attempting to start the m/w.

Is it possible that the control panel itself is bad and not interpreting the incoming signal from the circuit?

A couple of other things that might be noteworthy are that when I tested between the contacts for the magnetron fan, it showed as 'open' even though I had circuit continuity to and from the fan motor; could the fan motor have gone bad and tripped the 15A fuse?

Lastly, does the wiring schematic assume the door switches are in a closed, or open state? The door switches are wired in the following manner:

S1 = Red/Common, Blue/NO, Brown/NC
S2 = White/Common, Brown/NO, Blue/NC
S3 = White/Common, Blue/NO, -/NC
paulds  
#9 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2012 9:47:33 AM(UTC)
paulds

I would do no business with this guy, one year ago I sent him $40 & my microwave control board which he said would be fixed and sent back. I have not seen it yet. Apparently others have had this happen also.
KJofSD  
#10 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2013 10:49:34 AM(UTC)
KJofSD

Originally Posted by: libertyappl Go to Quoted Post
Please post your model number.
Nat

Had this same "door" error that other Whirlpool owners seem to have. Had an appliance repair guy out today and he knew exactly what was causing it. It's a 20 amp fuse that's blown. He was able to access it, albeit, a narrow opening by pulling out the microwave as far as it could go (I have a Whirlpool/oven combo) and squeezing his hand into the space and pop a new fuse in. Took about 10 minutes.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply