Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kir26  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2008 9:01:45 AM(UTC)
kir26

Groups: Registered

I bought this range used, but supposedly working. I can't see the readout on the control pad, and the oven temp control doesn't respond. I can set the clock if I shield the readout from all light, or it is night, but forget seeing it in regular ambient light. I can also set the timer. I just can't get a reaction from the oven controls. The parts store suggested the colck/timer replacement, but at $200 that isn't an option. I know that after 8 years the stove is old by modern appliance standards, but my truly ancient stove that this was supposed to replace is 30 years old and going strong. If the mice hadn't hauled off all of the insulation while we were out of town, and the propane thing in the oven didn't leak and threaten to blow us all up, I would still be using it! Any suggestions?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

libertyappl  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2008 9:38:11 AM(UTC)
libertyappl

Groups: Senior Expert

Unfortunately the parts store was correct. The only think to get this stove going is clock/control replacement.
Nat
PS. The parts to fix the other stove may be cheaper, although changing the insulation can be a royal pain!
kir26  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2008 12:48:32 PM(UTC)
kir26

Groups: Registered

I have been pondering the oven problem, and I think that possibly the oven wasn't properly adjusted for LP. The ignitor wire(sorry, I am not familiar with the proper terms, just using whatever sounds right) is glowing, and everything that doesn't require gas to the oven works fine. I will persue this further. If one were handy, is there a way to just replace the dohicky on the electronic control panel(when viewed from the back, after removing a zillion screws and metal plates) that directly correlates to the intensity of light for the clock, etc.? If I could go to a computer store or radio shack type place, couldn't I find a comparable dohicky and plug it in? Thanks!
:confused:
libertyappl  
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2008 1:10:09 PM(UTC)
libertyappl

Groups: Senior Expert

Anythings possible, if you have the time & patients I suppose. maybe check out all the solder joints you may have what they call cold solders. But mostly like going to have to replace the control. That part also tell the oven to heat and everything, it's basically the computer brain.
Nat
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply