Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tkhayes  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2008 3:58:17 PM(UTC)
tkhayes

Groups: Registered

My icemaker works fine, but water appears to be dripping from the inlet tube even after the cycle is complete.

The corner of the ice bucket where the inlet tube becomes one large block of ice, with all the ice cubes frozen together and sometimes then is frozen into the spiral hook at the bottom.

I have replaced the electric water valve at the back/bottom of the fridge, I assumed that it must be leaking and water is being let in. I do not see a drip per se, but I do sometimes see a small icicle from the inlet tube.

Is there another valve somewhere that controls this? Not sure what to look for next.

Or is it letting too much water in when a cycle starts, and the excess overflows into the tray, causing a block of ice to form?

thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

libertyappl  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2008 6:33:08 PM(UTC)
libertyappl

Groups: Senior Expert

There are several possiblities on that, but I would start by checking to see if the ice tray is over filling or if the water isn't going into the tray properly.
nat
tkhayes  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 4:15:01 AM(UTC)
tkhayes

I watched it cycle just now. The plastic fingers pushed some ice cubes out, and I heard the water come on. I could stick my fingers in the ice tray, but I cannot see it from the front. Water did not 'overflow' I do not think, but after the water shut off, you can see a small steady drip from under the fill hose corner of the tray.

the drip is one drop every few seconds.

The fill hose is flexible, so I pulled it out of its location and it does not appear to drip from there, but still drips from the right corner of the ice maker mechanism. Would the icemaker tray be made of plastic and perhaps cracked, so the leak is there?

Sounds like I might have to take it all out, but I am not really looking forward to that.
tkhayes  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 4:25:31 AM(UTC)
tkhayes

I think I see it now - there appears to be a seam in the icemaker where it holds the water and makes the cubes. When I look underneath the mechanism, I see a drip forming at the corner.

It looks like the part that holds the water is several parts with a plastic or rubbery seal and it is leaking there.

I assume then this is a replacement AP178365 part to replace the whole thing?
SublimeMasterJW  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 6:20:12 AM(UTC)
SublimeMasterJW

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
On the right hand side midways is a tiny adjustment screw.
P1010003.jpg
Turn it counter clockwize a hair and tweak the water level. Idealy it should be 7.5 seconds. but if the mold is not level then it may slightly drip.
SublimeMasterJW attached the following image(s):
IM head.jpg
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply