Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
6tramps  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 21, 2010 9:24:14 AM(UTC)
6tramps

Groups: Registered

Hi All,
could use some help.
Symptoms: some time ago (6 to 7 months) the touch pad on our GE LSS25XSTE started malfunctioning. The lights/temp readout would switch on and off intermittently, and sometimes the ice or water wouldn't work. It seemed when it was acting up, if you pushed the ice/water bar all the lights would flash off and nothing would dispense.

I had it "serviced" and the technician removed the little light bulb and said he wasn't sure if that was going to work long or not. (nice huh?) Well it did "fix it" for a few months and then the symptoms came back and worsened. After another month or so of intermittent operation, the panel started audibly clicking every 5 seconds or so. In between the clicks the panel lights came off and on.

Now there are no lights whatsoever and nothing dispenses. Note that both the fridge and freezer have worked fine throughout...

I've seen several inputs on this forum and others that suggest the motherboard might be the culprit.
I had already tried the touch panel (no lights/control at all) and ordered and tried replacing the motherboard WR55X10942. No go... after putting in the motherboard I still get no lights/control at all...

Any ideas out there?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.