Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jose dominguez  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 20, 2010 8:25:57 AM(UTC)
jose dominguez

Groups: Registered

We have a kenmore elite electric dryer model 110.82826102 and it runs but does not have any heat. A friend recommended looking on this site for help to show me how I can do the work on my own and get some advice. I have been informed that it is the heating element and others say it would be the heating coils. Should I go ahead and open the back of the dryer to take a look? I am not a repair type person but am willing to start and learn. Any help from anyone?:)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 20, 2010 12:10:39 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jose dominguez Go to Quoted Post
We have a kenmore elite electric dryer model 110.82826102 and it runs but does not have any heat. A friend recommended looking on this site for help to show me how I can do the work on my own and get some advice. I have been informed that it is the heating element and others say it would be the heating coils. Should I go ahead and open the back of the dryer to take a look? I am not a repair type person but am willing to start and learn. Any help from anyone?:)

Jose,

Did you check and make sure that both breakers / fuses are set and that you have voltage to the heater circuit( electric dryers have 2 power sources,one for the motor .timer and one for the heater circuit) ?

On your unit,

You do not need to remove the back , you do need to unplug the power cord at the outlet before you open up any panels.

You access your heater element through the lower front panel.

it is held in place by spring clips at the top of the panel and you can pull out at the top and they will unclip, then remove the panel.

On the right hand side of the base you will see the heater assembly,

Replacing the Heating Element (Electric Dryers)
1. Remove the screw from heat shield.
the wires to the heat element.
2. Remove the screw from side of heater box
and slide the heat element out of dryer.
3. Slide new heat element into dryer and reattach screw
on side of heater box.

4. Reattach the heat element wires. Replace heat shield.

Once you slide the element assembly out, you can check the element for breaks, shorts, etc.

Part number: AP2947033

Also check for any burnt or damaged wires at the element and thermostat connections

Good Luck,
:) :) :)
jose dominguez  
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 22, 2010 12:45:47 PM(UTC)
jose dominguez

Groups: Registered

Joe,
thanks for the response. I did not see this email till just about 2 minutes ago but I did try to take the back off and started to take the top part of the dryer off and found paper work on the inside side panel and found the trouble shooting diagrams. I found the part where it said the unit will not heat and followed the instructions and found the the heating element (the coils) are bad. The coil wrap has no continuity. I need to go to the sears part store on Monday and find out the cost of the heating element. Does this sound like I did okay?
Thanks again.
Jose

Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Jose,

Did you check and make sure that both breakers / fuses are set and that you have voltage to the heater circuit( electric dryers have 2 power sources,one for the motor .timer and one for the heater circuit) ?

On your unit,

You do not need to remove the back , you do need to unplug the power cord at the outlet before you open up any panels.

You access your heater element through the lower front panel.

it is held in place by spring clips at the top of the panel and you can pull out at the top and they will unclip, then remove the panel.

On the right hand side of the base you will see the heater assembly,

Replacing the Heating Element (Electric Dryers)
1. Remove the screw from heat shield.
the wires to the heat element.
2. Remove the screw from side of heater box
and slide the heat element out of dryer.
3. Slide new heat element into dryer and reattach screw
on side of heater box.

4. Reattach the heat element wires. Replace heat shield.

Once you slide the element assembly out, you can check the element for breaks, shorts, etc.

Also check for any burnt or damaged wires at the element and thermostat connections

Good Luck,
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 23, 2010 5:09:23 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jose dominguez Go to Quoted Post
Joe,
thanks for the response. I did not see this email till just about 2 minutes ago but I did try to take the back off and started to take the top part of the dryer off and found paper work on the inside side panel and found the trouble shooting diagrams. I found the part where it said the unit will not heat and followed the instructions and found the the heating element (the coils) are bad. The coil wrap has no continuity. I need to go to the sears part store on Monday and find out the cost of the heating element. Does this sound like I did okay?
Thanks again.
Jose

Jose',

You did great,

I didn't know you had a meter, or how to use it, but you did fine.

If you click on the part number that I attached to the previous post,

You'll have access to the breakdown and cost of the part.
(I'm sure you'll see quite a price difference, and you can order the part on the internet, or phone it in.

1- (877)- 477- 7278

Good Luck,
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply