Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kdollva  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2008 8:07:21 PM(UTC)
kdollva

Groups: Registered

I have noticed that my washing machine is now leaking water, and have determined it is coming from the back, bottom of the machine. I have checked all my hoses for any blockages and there are none. I was wondering how to trouble shoot this? Thank you guys all so much for you assistance in this! I really need clean clothes :)

Also - my dryer when drying seems to be making a very large banging noise. Its still effective in drying my clothes and maintains the heat. And the inside drum is still spinning. Is this a balancer issue? The make is a Whirlpool, Model # LE5650xmw0

THANKS AGAIN!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

libertyappl  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2008 8:13:51 PM(UTC)
libertyappl

Groups: Senior Expert

Hi,
On your washer the first thing you are going to want to do it raise the top of the washer and remove the front panel, lower the top back down and start the washer(w/o clothes) look for where the water is actually coming from.
On your dryer basically the same thing raise the top and remove the front panel, and you will probably need to remove the belt from the idler pulley and lift te drum out of you way. Now look at the rollers toward the back and see if they have any flat spots. Post your results.
Nat
kayakcrzy  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2008 5:17:06 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

On the washer, you could have a leak in the water pump, and on the dryer, the pully's on the whirlpool dryers, have been shreading to nothing. If you are going to go into the dryer, you might as well buy the kit, that comes with 2 rollers, an idler pully, and a belt. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
SublimeMasterJW  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2008 6:35:12 AM(UTC)
SublimeMasterJW

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
The washer probably has a bad pump. This is an easy fix. Remove the rear access panel and the drain hose and tub hose from the pump. Remove the belt from the pump. Take the 3 3/8th inch screws from the pump and replace that pump probably 30 bucks. The dryer like they say has probably got bad rollers probably 20 bucks or less. To get to them you must remove the filter and the 2 screws attached to the top where the filter goes in so that you can pop the spring clips and raise the top. Then remove the 2 screws holding the front and raise up the front slightly to get it out the way. Then remove the tub and inspect the rollers. You may find enough money to pay for both repairs. If them rollers are wore out then that machine has some age on it.
kdollva  
#5 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2008 8:00:01 AM(UTC)
kdollva

Groups: Registered

Hey there! Thank you all for responding! I will take a look at my machines today and get back to you guys! I've been just so busy with work to be able to really do much with them! Thank god for Labor day! :p

Get back to you soon!
Kerri
Virginia Beach, VA
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply