Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BoschSHY56A05UC/14  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 13, 2010 10:18:56 PM(UTC)
BoschSHY56A05UC/14

Groups: Registered

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this forum, and I have to admit I've never repaired an appliance before, but I'd really love to learn and try to tackle this problem on my own.

Here is a little background, about 4 years ago I puchased a Bosch SHY56A05UC/14 dishwasher. I also purchased a bosch clothes washer and dryer. Along with a Bosch cooking Range and Bosch hood.

The Bosch dishwasher immediately out of the box was not functioning, called Bosch and they replaced the computer board thats built into the top of the door.

Next, the Bosch clothes dryer stoped working and needed the board replaced also. I wont go into details but the Bosch washer and dryer broke so many times, after the warrenty expired, I just took a hit, and threw them away and purchased whirlpool.

Next the Bosch range also needed some kind of circuit board replacement. Then 2 other things went wrong. I have no clue what. Again my range is broken, and I'm going to take a hit on that also, and replace it as soon as I have the money. Until then I can't use the oven :(

Now, my dishwasher. It started making a low humming noise, and does not fill with water. I have replaced the clothes washer and dryer, I'm going to replace the range, but there is no way I'm letting bosch win over on me with the dishwasher. I'm going to try and fix this on my own.

Can some with some insight provide a diagnosis. I know I'm not offering much info other than it won't fill with water and the low humming noise, but any thoughts? Also where is the best/cheap place to buy replacement parts, and maybe a service manual.

I'm honestly heart broken. All the money i've spent on Bosch, and everything litterly just failed. All that money down the toilet, I can't afford to do this again in the future. Here is the shocking part, I've maybe used the dishwasher, in 4 years, a total of 20-30 times. I usually just wash dishes by hand, unless there are lots of plates or guests over.

I'm so disappointed in Bosch, but either way I'd like to try and fix this on my own.

Thank you for any help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.