Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
handyman0357  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 9, 2010 9:22:22 AM(UTC)
handyman0357

Groups: Registered

My kenmore washer will not complete the spin cycle. I keep getting a F06 code. Please help. I think iti is either the motor or MCU. How do I trouble shoot it.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 9, 2010 10:52:40 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: handyman0357 Go to Quoted Post
My kenmore washer will not complete the spin cycle. I keep getting a F06 code. Please help. I think iti is either the motor or MCU. How do I trouble shoot it.

You could be right , it could be the motor or the MCU or the harness from the MCU to the CCU(the MCU most likely).

But,

Are you sure the machine is not overloaded ?

Draing proper ?

And the proper detergent is being used( NO sudsing)

If you have a multimeter. you can test the motor winding and tach circuits :

At the motor you will test pin 1 to pin 2 , pin 1 to pin 3 and pin2 to pin 3 and should have approximately 6 ohms on each of the 3 test.

from pin 4 to 5 you should read approximately 150 to 200 ohms on that test, that will determine if your motor is good or bad.
(I doubt you've got a bad motor).

The remainder of the tests are live AC and DC voltage tests, so you need to be carefull !

At the MCU Check pins 1 and 2 for 120 volts AC (door has to be closed and locked).

At the CCU connector MI3 pin 1 to pin should have approximately 5 volts DC across the 2 pins with the motor running.

I'm pretty sure you'll find a problem in the MCU or harness at this point.

:cool:
handyman0357  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 9, 2010 11:11:39 AM(UTC)
handyman0357

Joe, the CCU connector M13 pin 1 to pin? What is the pin number?
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 9, 2010 12:03:41 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Joe, the CCU connector M13 pin 1 to pin? What is the pin number?

I'm sorry,
I don't know how I missed that, :confused:

MI3 connector pin 1 to pin 3 should have approximately 5 VDC across the pins, wires connected to the board, and the motor attempting to start/run.

I apologize again.

;)
handyman0357  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 9, 2010 12:10:27 PM(UTC)
handyman0357

I pluged the machine in and did a small load of wash.It completed the load.I then did another load but a bit larger but smaller than the machine is rated for and got thwe F06 code once again. Hope I am not being to much of a pain. LOL Thanks Joe
Joe / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Monday, August 9, 2010 1:11:42 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

I pluged the machine in and did a small load of wash.It completed the load.I then did another load but a bit larger but smaller than the machine is rated for and got thwe F06 code once again. Hope I am not being to much of a pain. LOL Thanks Joe

When you did the 2 loads,

Was there any sudsing ?

Did the machine make any noises, especially from the back area of the machine ?

And all the wiring,resistance and VAC / VDC checks at the MCU and CCU were correct ?

Did the washer drain the tub completely ?

I'm thinking you may have an intermittent or clogged drain pump, or a tub bearing going out ?

:confused: :confused:
handyman0357  
#7 Posted : Monday, August 9, 2010 3:00:32 PM(UTC)
handyman0357

Tub drained completely, there were no noises or suds. I will check resistance and get back with you. Thanks again. I am sure this is going to be one of the good ones. I can't wait to find what the problem is. As you well know, intermittent problems are very hard to find.
Joe / APP Team  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 10, 2010 5:20:30 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Tub drained completely, there were no noises or suds. I will check resistance and get back with you. Thanks again. I am sure this is going to be one of the good ones. I can't wait to find what the problem is. As you well know, intermittent problems are very hard to find.

Your pump, will probably check OK (12 ohms across the terminals).

I would expect to see, at least 4 amps with the motor in a spin cycle(full spin speed).

If you do all these checks and the others in my previous posts, I'd have to start with replacing the MCU.

:(
gregaguilar  
#9 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 6:06:00 AM(UTC)
gregaguilar

how in the world can you check the m13 wires with ometer if there is no place to put probes in this wires are so tiny please let me know how and wouldnt it be easier at the mcu to check them?
Joe / APP Team  
#10 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 8:25:42 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: gregaguilar Go to Quoted Post
how in the world can you check the m13 wires with ometer if there is no place to put probes in this wires are so tiny please let me know how and wouldnt it be easier at the mcu to check them?

Greg, You'll need to use small paper clips (metal) or large needles or pins, insert then into the outside terminals of the IM3 connector and check for 4 to 5 VDC across the pins, while the motor is running or trying to start/run. Make sure the inserts make contact with the metal terminals inside the connector, and the meter is set for DC voltage.