Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
anlyzzer  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2008 8:55:51 AM(UTC)
anlyzzer

Groups: Registered

I have a Whirlpool / Kitchenaid KECC508 glasstop range with a broken glass top. I see that I can get a new top at a very nice price, but before I purchase I want to make sure I will be able to replace the part. I'm handy with tools and do a lot of home improvement, but have never replaced a glass cooktop. Is there anything special I need to know, any special tools or caulk or anything I need? The replacement part # is AP3081975. Thanks in advance!
Doug
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

libertyappl  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2008 11:09:53 AM(UTC)
libertyappl

Groups: Senior Expert

No special tools just a lot of caution, they can break easily especially if bumped on the edge or put in a bind of any sort.
floridaguy  
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2015 4:37:33 PM(UTC)
floridaguy

Groups: Registered

I have the same problem and bought the replacement glass online. I understand that I also need a foam tape because it is seating on top of a granite countertop.

Before I replace the glass, is there anything that I should know about the touch control? I have been trying to find information online about how to remove the touch control from the broken glass and re-install it in the new glass, but there is no information that I could find. Do I need any kind of conductive tape or seal to re-attach the touch control to the new glass?

Thank you so much!

Originally Posted by: anlyzzer Go to Quoted Post
I have a Whirlpool / Kitchenaid KECC508 glasstop range with a broken glass top. I see that I can get a new top at a very nice price, but before I purchase I want to make sure I will be able to replace the part. I'm handy with tools and do a lot of home improvement, but have never replaced a glass cooktop. Is there anything special I need to know, any special tools or caulk or anything I need? The replacement part # is AP3081975. Thanks in advance!
Doug
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply